romans 14:8

if we live, we live for the lord; and if we die, we die for the lord. so, whether we live or die, we belong to the lord.

◢✥◣

◢✥◣

akina slowly rubbed her eyes, sitting up as she heard a loud clatter. she looked around for a moment, seeing that she was in a large but empty bed, plain white sheets, white quilts, and white pillows.

she stood up, walking over to the large window, pushing the sheer curtains to the side to see the view of the neat garden below, across the street, a few children were at the park, playing energetically on the playground.

eventually leaving the room after completing her morning routine, akina walked down the stairs, entering the large kitchen to see gojō satoru scraping something out of a pan and into the bin.

"satoru?"

gojō looked up, a smile across his face at the very sight of her.

"good morning" he grinned, leaning across the island counter, kissing her lightly on the cheek.

"why were you trying to cook?" she gave him an accusatory look though she had a faint smile on her lips, "nanami's still avoiding your calls from last time you gave him food poisoning"

"he's exaggerating," gojō waved it off, "and i thought i'd make breakfast for our anniversary"

akina crossed her arms watching gojō give her his most tempting smile before returning to open the fridge again.

akina quickly put her hand on his, stopping his movements.

"satoru, i know you're the greatest," she gently pulled his hand away from the fridge door, "but not at cooking"

gojō frowned, dropping her hand before quickly resting his arms against the counter, trapping her between them. he dropped his head to her shoulder, turning slightly to place a light kiss to the base her neck while his arms wrapped around her body.

"you're always so mean to me," he mumbled against her before lifting his head up, meeting her gaze.

"i know" akina looked up at him with a grin, leaning in a bit closer until she was just one movement away from connecting their lips.