proverbs 27:20

death and destruction are never satisfied, and neither are human eyes

◢✥◣

◢✥◣

"please accept my confession!"

gojō couldn't help the smile growing on his face as he clapped his hand on the back of his best friend.

getō suguru, although less smug in his outward appearance, smiled slyly as he accepted the delicate envelope shoved towards his chest. the girl before him had her head tilted downwards in embarrassment, only looking up with misplaced hope as she felt getō's fingers brush against her own.

"thank-"

"sorry, he's spoken for"

gojō interrupted what he knew to be getō's routine speech for turning down one of the many confessions he received, resting his chin on his friend's shoulder.

"his love for me is undying," gojō continued, reaching his arm around getō's shoulder,

"right, suguru-chan?"

the girls face turned red in a flash, her eyes flickering between the two males towering over her before bowing awkwardly, stuttering out an indecipherable apology.

gojō brought his hand up to cover the snicker slipping past his lips while getō lightly shoved him, rolling his eyes at his antics.

"getting jealous, satoru?"

getō asked with a raised eyebrow, the pair now walking towards the bench where shoko ieri had sat, eating her lunch peacefully.

"when it comes to you," gojō placed a hand over his chest, "always"

getō stared at him before they both laughed, gojō taking the seat across from shoko when he noticed getō's focus shift elsewhere.

"i'll be right back" he excused himself.

he didn't bother to glance back at gojō groaning dramatically at his absence, or shoko smacking him on the head when he tried to grab some of her food.

instead he approached fujihara azeru, who stood on his own, his head tilted back as he rolled his eyes in frustration at whatever he heard through the phone pressed against his ear.