isaiah 41:10

do not be dismayed, for i am your god. i will strengthen you and help you, i will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

◢✥◣

◢✥◣

geto suguru hadn't visited akina in a while. she wasn't exactly complaining but she couldn't ignore the feelings of loneliness beginning to clasp it's cold arms around her once more.

she felt as though she could never escape it, her friends, if she could even call them that, and family left her all alone, for as long as she could remember, despite living with four other people, she never felt she really had their company.

her brother, azeru, had also not been home in a long time. her parents were panicking, akina thought they were awful at hiding it. they often made excuses for him, not daring to let anyone find out that their son, the very fujihara azeru promised the wealth of their clan, had disobeyed his family.

despite their agitation, akina's parents had carefully planned how they would regain their reputation, using aiya to distract the attention of the prying eyes of the higher ups.

not outwardly revealing their desperation for status and power, they decided that in order to attain the approval of others, they had to target the most distinguished clan.

easing their way in with charming smiles and empty compliments, akina watched as her parents conversed with the members of the gojō clan, aiya also perfectly imitating the facade of sincerity.

akina didn't think she could bare listening to the dull conversation any longer, not bothering to smile or wait for a response as she excused herself.

she could recognise the flash of appall in their eyes at her lack of manners, her mother giving her a stern look while aiya eyed her gloves hands with scrutiny.

exiting the room she let out a subtle sigh of relief before immediately bumping into an older man who had just turned the corner.

he smiled down at her while she simply glared at him. he hadn't really done anything wrong, but he annoyed akina nonetheless.

"where are you off to?"

akina remained silent for a moment, narrowing her eyes at this stranger who could've been older than her own father.