"Hate to brake up the skull session," Professor Moody interrupted them. "But Professor McGonagall would like to see you in her office. Not you Potter, just Weasley and Granger." Pollux tilted his head at the ex-Auror.

"But sir, the second task is only hours away, and-"

"Exactly. Presumably Potter is well prepared by now and could do with a good night's sleep. Go! Now!" He ordered them.

"Don't speak to them that way." Pollux spoke up, glaring at his Professor harshly. Hermione glared at him as well, turning and leading Ron out of the library. Harry began to pack up his books and various notes. Moody ignored the Slytherin boy, simply staring at Harry as the boy began to shift in his seat uncomfortably.

"Longbottom!" Moody called, also ignoring the way Madame Pince shushed him. "Why don't you help Potter put his books back." Neville came out from behind the shelves, and Moody clunked away on his fake leg. Pollux watched him leave, knowing very well that Moody was watching him right back with his false eye.

"You know, if you're interested in plants, you'd be better off with Goshawks Guide to Herbology. You know there's a wizard in Nepal who's growing gravity resistant trees." Neville helped Harry collect his books.

"That's actually really interesting, Neville." Pollux leaned forward in his seat towards the shy Gryffindor. "How does that work exactly?"

"Neville." Harry interrupted. "No offense, but I really don't care about plants."

Don't be rude. Pollux's voice chided in his mind, making Harry jumpy slightly. Neville deflated slightly. Harry sighed, shaking his head as he stood to place his books back on the shelf.

"Now if there's a Tibetan Turnip that will allow me to breathe underwater for an hour, then great." Harry tried to save the conversation. "But otherwise..."

"I don't know about turnip, but you could always use Gillyweed." Neville suggested. Pollux perked up slightly at the mention of the plant Castor has been working with. "That's exactly what it's used for.

"Do you know where I might be able to get any?" Harry sassed.

"Professor Snape has some in his store room, but good luck getting into it." Neville placed the last book on the shelf, and waved goodbye to Harry on his way out of the library.

"Well, it was nice knowing you Pollux." Harry followed the Slytherin out of the library.

"I have an idea." Pollux announced to him quietly. "I think I know how you can get a coil of Gillyweed."

"What? How?!" Harry looked around the hallway to make sure nobody else was listening.

"There's a certain house elf working in the kitchens that has taken a keen liking to you if I recall."

"Dobby? How can he help me?" Harry furrowed his brows at the older student.

"He's a house elf. He can apparate where wizards cannot." Pollux shrugged as if it had been common knowledge. He clapped Harry on the shoulder, and began to walk towards the dungeons, waving goodnight to the Gryffindor champion. "I hear he's fond of Hermione's knitted hats lately."

Harry watched the boy go, wondering what he meant by the last statement. Fond of Hermione's hats? What does that even mean? He shook his head and made his way back up to Gryffindor tower. He would call for Dobby when he was sure nobody else was watching him.

~

A knock on the classroom door brought her attention away from her cauldron. She had been staring into the potions surface for the last few minutes, unaware that Professor Snape had been glancing at her from over the top of his stack of graded essays. Severus watched as Castor jumped, her eyes snapping to the ornate wooden door as she rushed to open it. She reached just outside of the door and pulled the person on the other side in and shutting the door behind them once again.