Chapter 5

Castor and Pollux sighed, and made their way down to the Great Hall for the final end of the year feast

Castor and Pollux sighed, and made their way down to the Great Hall for the final end of the year feast. Another year done, their final exams completed, and their trunks packed and stowed away in their dorms for their departure on the Hogwarts Express the following morning. Green and silver Slytherin flags hung from the rafters above the tables. Just before Pollux turned towards the Slytherin table, he gave Fred and George a wave, and took his seat at the end. Castor stuck her hands in her pockets nervously, taking the first available empty seat. How could a whole year have gone by and she hadn't made any friend of her own. Pollux had the Weasley twins, Harry had Ron and Hermione...but who else, other than her brother, did she have?

It was a somewhat sad realization on her part.

She leaned her chin on her fist, waiting patiently amongst the other Ravenclaws as Professor Dumbledore stood to make his speech, clinking his silverware on his large goblet.

"Another year gone." He began. "And now as I understand it, the house cup needs awarding. In fourth place, Gryffindor with 312 points. Third place, Hufflepuff with 352 points. In second place, Ravenclaw with 426 points. And in first place, with 472 points, Slytherin house." The applause was louder on the other side of the room. Castor could see the even her brother smiled a little brighter. "However, recent events must be taken into account. And I have a few last minute points to award."

Castor and Pollux looked towards each other and shared a look of confusion.

"To Miss Hermione Granger, for the cool use of intellect, when others were in grave peril, 50 points." There was a proud applause from the Gryffindors. "Second, to Mister Ronald Weasley, for the best-played game of chess that Hogwarts has seen these many years, 50 points." Another applause, and Castor smiled at the way the Weasley twins rubbed the hair on their brother's head. "And third, to Mister Harry Potter, for pure nerve, and outstanding courage, I award Gryffindor house 60 points."

Castor smirked, already knowing where this was going.

"And finally, it takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies. But a great deal more to stand up to your friends." Professor Dumbledore continued. "I award 10 points to Neville Longbottom." Castor clapped as she noticed how Neville smiled shyly amongst the praise from his peers. "And assuming my calculations are correct, I believe a change of decoration is in order." The headmaster clapped his hands and waved them towards the flags in the rafters, green and silver morphing into red and gold. And even though he was slightly disappointed, Pollux continued clapping politely.

~

The next morning Castor and Pollux boarded the Hogwarts Express, watching as the other students said goodbye to their friends. Sitting across from each other, much like they did at the start of the year, Castor nudged her brother's foot, still wearing his pair of old converse.

"We'll be back soon." She noticed how Pollux was staring out the window towards the old castle longingly. He nodded and leaned back in his seat.

"Fred and George said we could write to them over the summer."