She's so cute, look, she made me this bracelet and yes they're real flowers, isn't it pretty? Oh Merlin, how rude of me, I didn't give her anything back. I have to make her um... I don't know, oh! A necklace!

Hey, sorry if I'm late, I actually hung out with Luna. She showed me those weird dead horses or something, I forgot their name. I hope she won't be mad. Anyways, as I was saying, she showed me those horses and they were sooooo cool. She told me that only people that seen death could see them. It made sense you know because of my parents...but we're not gonna talk about that.
.
.
Mattheo stood silent for a moment, he decided to spare her life. She was one of Maria's friends after all. He felt like he would betray her if he killed that pour soul.

On the other side, Luna was s looking strangely at the death eater in front of her. Why wasn't he killing her? Why isn't he moving? Is he still breathing? Herself couldn't move at that moment, she only stared at him with a confused but scared expression.

"Aren't you going to kill me?" She broken voice pierced the painful silence.

The boy didn't reply at first, he only tilted his head. He felt like breaking down at that moment, but why? She just made him think of her. Then, with a slow hand, he took off his mask. Maybe it was the biggest mistake he could make but he simply didn't care.

"I know you...y-you're..."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you Luna"  he finally decided to speak. One single tear escape his eye and slide along is emotionless face. The girl seemed to relax at what Mattheo said.

"It's okay, I know you're a kind soul deep inside, you're just...sad." He couldn't understand why she wasn't screaming for help and informing everyone he was a death eater and why she didn't run. She really was a strange girl.

"You shouldn't be there, if someone else sees you here, you could be in danger." She spoke again taking a step closer to the boy.

"Why are you like that?" He asked completely ignoring what she said.

"Like what?"

"I don't know...kind?" He looked her in the eyes for the first time.

"Because I know how it feels like, you're trying to forget and distract yourself, you think nothing in life Is worth it anymore. You need help but don't want help. You're just lonely."

Lonely.

He really was lonely and didn't even realized it. He lost everything he loved. First his mom and now the love of his life.

"No that's not true, I'm not lonely. You don't know anything." He protested

'Then who do you have? Your father? I'm sorry to inform you that Mattheo but he only sees you as a new weapon in his army"

She was right, too right. But his father was the only thing that he thought he had left. He hates how she knew him maybe even more then himself. He hated that girl. He hated the way she was speaking to him, his she wasn't scared of him and mostly he hated how she could see through him.

"Stop! Don't make me regret sparing your life!" He shouted feeling the anger rising the more she would speak.

"It's okay, one day you'll see. You know, Maria was a lovely girl."

"Dont' speak about her, I don't want to hear her name."

"She always found time to hang out with me, you see, I've never really had friends but she showed me what the word friendship means and i am more than grateful for her and I know she still lives in the silences between your thoughts, that's why I'm telling you this. She would always ramble about you. You were so precious to her, like a diamond. I don't think she would be too happy to see what you've become. I don't think she would've want you to torture yourself because of her death, she always wanted you to be happy but here you are...tearing your life apart" her tone was not dreamy anymore, she had a dark serious voice, she wanted her words to get to her. She promised Maria to make sure he would move on.

"Oh and one last thing..." she then took out a crumpled letter from her pocket.

"I think this belongs to you, I hope it'll make you open your eyes." She gave it to him before disappearing in less then 2 minutes.

The letter

Her letter

It had his name on it and he could clearly recognize Maria's handwriting. Another tear left is eye and slowly, a lot more tears followed. He didn't waste any second to open it and start reading.

Pain.

Pain was all he felt reading that note. He felt his legs give out and fell to his knees still in the middle of an abandoned corridors of the now burning castle and all kind of spells being thrown everywhere around him.

You never said I'm leaving, if love could've saved you, you never would have died. A million times I needed you, a million times I cried. It broke my heart to lose you but you didn't leave alone because you took a part of me with me.

Why did you leave so soon Maria? Why did you hurt me like that?

It hurts...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

HELLO my lovelies. It feels like a lifetime since I updated. I am deeply sorry for the wait I hope it was worth it, if not, well.. my bad. Sorry if it's sad or whateva I love depressed stories 😃

Anywhoo, how y'all doin? I hope you're doing well <3 love ya!

See you soon xxx