Until the end

Swipe for music 🎶

Maria's POV

I stil couldn't process what just happened, no words came out of my mouth. The only sound that could be heard was my aunt's sob. It broke my heart even more listening to her crying than the new itself.

After a moment of painful silence, I finally broke it.

« Is there something we can do about it? » I asked looking straight into the intimidating eyes of the doctor.

« Well, there's a way to slow the poison from spreading in all you body, but we cannot completely stop it. We're doing the most we can do but nothing can really solve the problem...I'm really sorry » he answered looking at both my auntie and I.

I was devastated, soon I will not even be able to control my body and my emotions. I'm fucking terrified but I have to stay strong for the people around me. I cannot let myself out of control. I don't want to hurt them but I know it will break my friends when I'm gonna tell them. The one that I'm the most scared of telling is Mattheo. We've been really close lately and he actually brought joy in my life and I need him to stay with me but I'm scared that when I'm gonna tell him, he's gonna freak out and leave me. I don't want that to happen.

« Thank y-you doctor for everything, it think it's time for us to go. » my aunt stutter. I could hear the pain in her voice. The way her voice cracked when she spoke and the tears streaming out of her eyes effortless.

The tall doctor nodded his head and without hesitation, we stormed out of his office and Mede out way outside the hospital. As soon as we left the hospital, my auntie took me in her arms and squeezed me as if it was the last time I would see her. A son escaped both our throat in the embrace we were in. I never wanted to let go of her and stay like this until the end.
After a moment of hugging each other we let go and decided that it was time to go back to hogwarts. My aunt didn't want me to go back but i told her it was important for me to spend a lot of time with my friends and I didn't want to end up alone in my room with no one to see. She understood my point of view. Even if it breaks her heart to let me go, she respected my decision and brought me back to hogwarts.

« If anything happens, promise me that you will owled me and I will me there in less than a second » she says to me before she let me go back in the castle.

« I promise you auntie, I love you » I said back and gave her one last hug. Without realizing, fresh tears were coming out of my eyes.

« I love you so much more dear » she whispered to me.

« That's impossible to love me more than I love you auntie » I said back. I was trying to ease the tension by saying that and I think it worked because she let out a little chuckle.
.
.
.
When I came back to Hogwarts, the sun was almost already down. Which means that diner was almost or already done so I made my way to the Slytherin common room to see my friends. I need to see them the most that I can before I'm not myself anymore. I was still silently crying while I made my way to the common room. I know they will be worried because I rarely cry and when I cry, it's always when there is a good reason to cry. I think that now it's the perfect excuse to cry. I didn't even try to wipe my tears when I entered the common room.

As soon as I entered the common room, I immediately spotted all my loved ones sitting on the couch and chairs talking about Merlin knows what. At first, they didn't see me entered the place. I was so happy to see them. I smiled through my tears and watched them one by one. Gosh I'm so lucky to have them with me.

After a moment of observing them, before it becomes creepy that I stare at them in the corner of the room, I slowly advance towards them.

« I'm back bitches!» I tried to say with assurance even if my voice was a bit shaky from the crying.