Are you scared?

Swipe for music 🎶

Maria's POV:

I woke up the next morning choking, it"s like the air couldn't pass through my airway. I touched my neck to see if someone or something was choking me but nothing was there. I started to panic as I notice that I was still in the astronomy tower on the ground and my head was leaning on a sleeping Mattheo. I tried to cough because maybe it would pass if I just cough but I wasn't even able to cough. It just sounded like I was choking even more. Me eyes started to water and my head became dizzy. I tapped Mattheo's shoulder for him to wake up and notice that I was fucking dying next to him.

" M-Matt-...help" I tried to say but it didn't came out as I wanted.

I felt him move next to me which indicated that he was waking up. Finally. It took him a second before he realized that I was in distress. When he finally realized what was happening, he shot up from where he was laying and came beside me.

"Oh shit! What is happening?" He said in complete shock. What do you think is happening idiot?!?

I couldn't speak so I made big gestures for him to understand that I couldn't speak and breathe. He quickly understand and picked me up from the cold ground of the astronomy tower and carried me bridal style down the stairs of the tower. I was still not able to breathe but I had just enough air to not pass out. I looked at him while he was bringing me to the infirmary I guess, he looked so panicked, I could see that his eyes were starting to water but he didn't lose his calm, he kept walking the fastest that he could.

My throat let out a loud choking sound as I tried to take a breath and that made him walk even faster than he already was.

"You're gonna me okay Maria, stay with me we're almost there" he spoke as he tried to reassure me and also himself.

After what felt like eternity of speed walking through Hogwarts, we finally arrived to the hospital wing. The nurses already knew about my condition so when they saw me in Mattheo's arms, they didn't waist any second, they were already on my case and trying to help me. Mattheo sat me on an empty bed. I could feel myself slowly drifting off to sleep, I didn't know how much longer o could stay awake. My eyelids were becoming heavier and my head was becoming really dizzy.

Three nurses were around me. One was trying to keep me awake, the second was lifting my chin up to free my airway and allow the air to pass, there was a little bit more air that could pass but still not enough. The last nurse putted an oxygen mask over my head to place to over my nose and mouth. That's when I felt air filled my lungs. I sigh in relief as I could breathe again. It felt good but it was scary. I've never been that scared anymore.

I felt a warm hand on my hand. I immediately recognize the touch. Mattheo was sitting right next to the bed I was lying on. He gently rubbed my knuckles and whispered soft words that I couldn't quite understand. I saw some tears coming out of his eyes. He kissed my hand softly and continued to rub circles on it.

After a moment of peaceful silence, the door swung open and revealed my worried friends that tried to get to me. I think they heard what happened.

"WHERE'S MARIA? IS SHE OKAY?" I heard the voice speak. I could recognize that voice anywhere. It was my crazy bestfriend Pansy.

"I'm sorry Miss Parkinson, miss Prince needs to rest." The nurse said calmly.

"But why her boyfriend get to be with her and not us?" Blaise spoke in his turn.

"She can only see one person at a time, it's the protocol" the nurse replied.

"FUCK YOUR LITTLE PROTOCOL, WE'RE TALKING ABOUT MY FUCKING BEST FRIEND THAT IS DYING IN ONE OF YOUR SHITTY BED SO YOU WILL LET ME SEE HER!" Draco yelled in the nurse face, I couldn't help but chuckle at what was happening. Mattheo was looking at them and laughing as well. He knew they were really protective over me and he knew that would do something like that when they would hear that their friend was in the hospital wing.