Draco

You can listen to the music if you want 🎶

Maria's POV

I softly knocked on the door of Draco's dorm. I knew why he was upset and I was kinda scared he would be even more mad with me coming to his dorm but I had to talk to him. He's my best friend, I cannot handle seeing him like this. I don't want him to be hurt because of me.

No one answered the door so I knocked another time but a little bit louder. Again no answer...suddenly, I heard a sob from inside of the dorm. He was crying.

« Draco it's Maria, please open the door. » I pleaded with the most comforting voice I could manage to do.

Nothing...

That was enough, I couldn't bare to do nothing so I took my wand and placed it in front of the handle of the door.

« Alohomora » i whispered and then the door immediately unlocked. Without a second waisted, I opened the door and walked into his dorm. What I saw instantly broke my heart. He was sitting in the corner of his room, knees were brought to his chest and his cheeks were red and wet due to his tears.

When he saw me, he tried to wipe his tears and look like he wasn't crying. It's true that I rarely saw him cry before but every time I did, it doesn't fail to break my heart. I walked towards him and kneeled in front of him. He didn't want to look into my eyes as if he was embarrassed of me seeing him cry. I didn't say anything, I only looked at him with sad eyes, I really didn't know what to say. I placed my hand on his shoulder to try to comfort him. At the moment my hand touched his shoulder, he wrapped his arms around my waist and I wrapped mine around his neck. I was stroking his messy hair and let him cry as much as he wanted. I just wanted him to know that I was there for him.

I could feel my shirt start to get wet because of his tears but I really didn't care. His grip was tight around me as if I was the only thing that kept his steady.

« It's okay I'm here, I got you. » I whispered to him. Another sob escaped his lips as he was hugging me tighter.

« I don't want you to go... » his voice broke. I don't know what to respond to that so I just kept stroking his hair gently for him to calm down.

« What will I do without you? You're like my sister so if you die, a part of me die too. » he continued.

« No, no don't say that. You're gonna be just fine alright? I'm always gonna be with you, even if you can't see me. » I said sternly as I took both sides of his face in my hands. He nodded slowly. I wiped his tears with my thumb smiling at him softly.

« Do you think that will find a cure? » he asked me.

« i hope so but I don't really have expectations, if there is one, I would be the happiest in the world but I have to be ready to say my goodbyes you know. » I looked at the ground and whispering the last part of the sentence.

« But I don't want to say goodbye... » he whispered.

« Then say hello » I tried to joke. We both chuckled and hugged again. What would i do without him?

I met Draco in first year in the train. He was actually the first person I met. I was fascinated by his hair. He looked so proud and arrogant but he's actually a sweetheart. I've helped him a lot with his father being a bitch thingy. I was the only person he was able to open up to. We were like siblings and still are. I recently notice that he was acting weird. He seemed si tired and sad. At first I thought it was about the fact that I was gonna die but I knew there was something else. He spent less time with us and more time at the Malfoy manor. He seemed more secret and scared about I don't know what. Everytime we asked him if he wanted to hang out with us after class he would always answer with « I'm busy » but never tell us what kept him busy. I had to know, I hate to see him like that.

« Hey um, can I ask you something? » I looked back into his icy eyes.

« Sure »

« Okay so I noticed that you were acting a bit distant towards all of us and I want to know why. » his eyes seemed to widened.

« There nothing, I was just busy... » I know he was lying. I know him too well.

« Ok so you're a really bad liar, I'm gonna reform my question, what kept you busy? » my eyes were piecing into his as he looked a little more nervous. I could see tears forming in his eyes.

« Hey, hey you can tell me, you know I could never judge you on anything Dray » I assured him.

His eyes shifted to his forearm that was covered by the sleeve of his white shirt. He placed his information of me and mentioned me to roll up his sleeve. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion but I did it without asking questions. I looked at his now bare forearm and it was covered in a tattoo with thick ink that formed a snake and a skull at the top of it. The dark mark. My eyes widened and my mouth was open.

« Holy shit! » I shouted. I wasn't scared of it, I was only worried about my best friend. I traced my fingers on the figure of the snake and observed every details. Draco didn't speak and he just let me look at his arm.

« I'm sorry Maria...i didn't have a choice. » he finally decided to speak.

« No Dray you don't have to be sorry, it's not your fault. It's gonna be okay. I'll be with you until I can't okay? »

« Okay » he muttered.

« Does it hurts? » I was still stroking his arm attentively.

« Yeah it burns but not all the time. It comes and go. » gosh I was so sad for him. He didn't deserve any of this.

He's just a boy.

« Aren't you disgusted by it? » he asked me.

« No, not at all. It's a part of you whether you like it or not. » he responded the calmest I could be.

« You're gonna get through this Draco, one day it'll all be over and we'll all be in peace. » I looked back at him.

« Oh yeah you think that, » a small smiled was forming in his face.

« Of course, you'll be happy with a beautiful wife. You're gonna have a cottage near a lake and mini Draco will run around it and I'll be watching with the biggest smile on my face. Merlin I cannot wait to see this and laugh at you from where I will be. This right now is a just a stage in your life that you need to overcome. »

« Then I will try not to disappoint you Maria Isabella Prince. » he said with his signature smirk.

« You better not Draco Lucius Malfoy. » I teased. We both ended up laughing. It was good to see him laugh again, I missed his sarcastic sense of humour and his immature jokes that he used to pull with Blaise. I hope this Draco will not be too much affected by being a death eater.

For the next hour, we talked about everything and anything, we laughed and I made sure that he was a little bit less sad then he was. Eventually, he fell asleep on his bed as I was talking to him about how Cormac tried to hook up with Hermione but she punched him in the face. I guess it found this story boring because he was snoring like a freaking truck.

I got up from the chair I was sitting on and pulled the cover up on Draco like a mother would do to his son. I don't know I've just always been like a mother to my group of friend.

I walked towards his door but before I left I looked back at the sleepy boy to make sure he was okay. I smiled as I saw him gripping at one of his pillow.

« To an another life my friend... »
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Helloooooo, thank you so much for reading, let me know what you think of this chapter. I know there wasn't a lot a Mattheo moments but there will be in the next chapters don't worry. Goodbye love ya ❤️

Thank you for all the votes and comments they are all appreciated more than anything. (Also sorry for the grammar mistakes » xxx 😘