I tune out any conversation that is happening with Care and the wanna-bees around her, just hand out to a student every now and then. But my attention is drawn to Elena talking to Stefan, seems all serious talk. I wonder what it is about?

Just as Care read my mind, she grabbed my arm and led us to the couple. They turned there attention to us,

"Stefan? Where's Damon? He has some serious apologizing to do." Her voice seemed confident. I admire her for that, but I kind of miss Damon's presence. He made it feel more dangerous and lively, I liked it.

"He's gone Caroline." He said.

"When's he coming back?" I sputtered out with my eyebrows furrowing.

Stefan said this with a sorry tone. "He's not coming back." His eyes showed something. Sadness, determination and less hope all in one. Almost made it sound like he murdered Damon. "I'm sorry."

Then he walked past us.

Elena rubbed Cares shoulder. "This is a good thing Caroline." I stared ahead trying to comprehend what Stefan said. Damon's... gone. I should be happy that he is so he can't hurt Care but why am I sad about it?

"I know that."

I texted in the Gilbert group chat that I was staying over at Care's and that is what I did. It may not be the greatest timing but I need to tell her because she is my best friend. I will leave Bonnie out of it but I have to tell her about me at least.

Me and her had been eating out of our own ice cream tub, hers was a mint chocolate chip while mine was a cookie dough, playing A Cinderella Story. We were at the part where Hilary's character and her guy-friend talk about the dance making a bet, one confesses they were the person and the other does the same.

Cute part really but I couldn't focus on it. My nervousness was eating at me. What if she didn't believe me? Or called me a freak? I have to do it. No excuses.

I reached for the remote and paused the movie, turning my attention to Care, who has her mouth open in disbelief that I did such a crime. "Natasha Gilbert! What could be important to interrupt such a funny part?"

My fear creeped up but I swallowed it down. "Okay, please don't say anything until I am done. Please?" I looked at her with puppy eyes and she sighed getting serious. "Okay. What is it?"

"It was at least a few weeks to a month ago that I started having weird stuff happen to me." I took a deep breath. Then I explained almost everything, only excluding my dreams and Bonnie. from me lighting candle to feeling peoples auras. Once I was done, I stared at the bed for a few moments in silence then finally built the courage to look at her eyes.

She was freakishly calm, like no bug eyes or sweat, nothing. "Caroline?" At this, she broke her trance.

"Are you sure this is real?" Her voice spoke in a whisper. Really Care? Although I should expect that.

I nodded feeling a relief wash over me that she is at the least not freaking out like I expected. "Yeah, it is." I paused debating if I should ask. "Do you wanna see?"

Instantly she nodded and asked what I need. I told her to get a candle and that was all. And that is what she did, returning with one that was similar to Bon's.

"So, do I hold it or put it down?" She gestured to the candle.

I sat on the floor and pointed in front of me. "Here should be fine. You can sit across from me." She nodded and let the candle stand between us. I stared at it concentrating on transferring my juju to it.

"How do you do it again?"

Like that it broke. I sighed. "It takes a lot of concertation for me to do it. To light it up, I transfer whatever this is to it then voila. Candle lit."