11: Ex-Fianceé Doctor

"I'm going to lay out some rules for you, which if you fail to follow them, I'll surely kill you myself. Because as it is, I'm so tired of having to deal with you, being constantly afraid that somehow my secret will get revealed to the world and all I'll get from you is this?" He hissed and pinned the gun to her head even deeper that he heard her sharp intake of breathe. "First, whatever I ask you to do, don't you ever ignore my commands. I'll emphasize on this, don't ignore my commands and do what I ask of you right away."

He watched her nodded her head before she quickly gulped down a lump in her throat and she trembled the 'Yes' out of her lips. All the rules he had laid out for her had gotten a breathless yes from her and he began to wonder if she had really listened to him well long enough to understand what he had meant. He slightly lifted the gun from her head and got down from the bed, "Now, go to bed and sleep! And one word from you, a whimper or anything that shows you're alive, I'll be here with my gun to end you for good." She quickly laid down on the bed and pulled the blanket over her whole body.

Na'im watched how she kept on shivering in fear and even though he knew she was crying, there was no sound coming from her. He felt like beating the life out of her whenever he remembered how her palms got in contact with his cheeks but he restrained himself, because he knew if he tried beating her to get his anger out of his chest, he might kill her like he had threatened to. He stomped out of the room and banged the door so hard that Maryam flinched at the sound and even though she knew he was out, she didn't make a sound.

Na'im had barely slept for the rest of the night and when he saw that the anger he felt wasn't going to subside, he went to the gym in the house and got his punches out and lifted some weights to get his mind off things. He didn't know how many hours he had spent in the gym until he heard the adzhan for Subh being called and he went back to his room. He showered and after he had said his prayers, Na'im decided to call Hafiz, his anger a little bit down.

"Morning, Sir!" Hafiz said, knowing so well unless it was duty call, Na'im wouldn't have called him when it was still dawn.

"You have to come early in the morning to pick me up, Lieutenant. And also, bring a doctor along with you. Someone who's into psychology, this girl needs her brain to be checked." His voice came out with a tone of finality that gave no room for questions or any argument and he ended his call after he heard Hafiz saying, 'Yes, Sir!'

He tried to go back to sleep and was glad he had gotten a few hours of sleep before his phone rang and he woke up with a soft hiss. "What is it, Lieutenant? Are you outside already?" He was getting down from the bed when he asked and the discomfort he heard in Hafiz's voice was enough to tell him that something had went wrong.

"I'm at the hospital, Captain. But the only doctor available that can come home with me is Dr Nafisa Babagana, and she's among your ex-fiancées." He heard the word as though it were foreign to him. Funny how it had never occurred to him that he would one day bump into his series of ex-fiancées and might even need something from them.

He brushed his fingers through his hair and sighed, "Which date?" He asked, because just saying her name wasn't enough for him to know who she was. He had forgotten them all and wouldn't remember them even after they met, not to talk of remembering just after he heard the name.

"28th December." Hafiz said, aware of how she was still clinging onto him. He knew this wasn't a good idea, but he might as well wait to see what was wrong or what judgement Na'im would make about this before he advised him, even though it proved that he wasn't in a good mood today.

"Oh no! How about we get a new doctor, Hafiz? This won't do, she claims that she'll still waiting for me in the Eid message she had sent to me." If things were okay, if his voice was light enough to give enough room for joke, Na'im knew Hafiz would've laughed this off.