"I didn't ask you to save me," he said rather calm and flustered. No one ever made him feel this way. All his life, he felt lonely but now, someone would save him if gets in trouble.

"I know," you sniffed, wiping the tears that were escaping. "But you're my first patient. I am so happy to see you alive. If you are not thankful, atleast take care of your body right now. It means a lot to me."

Staying silent was the best choice for him. Not knowing why, he was concerned about you. He didn't want to see you sad. You were the last person he saw before he practically died and also the first person he saw when he woke up.

"Are you alright?" you sighed, finally feeling peace again, now that Izana calmed down. "Are your wounds painful again? Do you want to rest more or you're hungry? Do you need—"

"I'm fine," Izana cut you off. He didn't know why you were concerned on him. You didn't even know him and he was your enemy.

The atmosphere between the both of you was filled with awkward silence. It was your first conversation with him and all you did was fight. You wanted him to thank you. You wanted him to be happy that you saved him. You were more than disappointed to know that he wished otherwise.

"Hey," he called out. You immediately looked at him, waiting for him to ask you whatever he needed. "Leave."

You chuckled for no reason. "I thought we were okay for a moment," you touched his forehead, moving his hair aside so you can feel his temperature. "Stop with that, hmm? I ain't leaving your side. Never."

You said it like you meant it. Izana took it deeply, thinking that you are giving yourself to him. He didn't need another servant tho. Kakucho is enough.

"I don't need you—"

Your hand wandered on his body, trying to get reaction from him. You suddenly touched his wounded chest hard so he can feel pain. He glared at you in return.

"Yeah right," you rolled your eyes, grabbing your flip phone to message Kakucho. "Oh, by the way, the doctors are on their way. Don't worry—"

"I didn't want to be saved," he suddenly spoke, eyes filled with suffering as he stare at the blank ceiling. "I lost. That's why I deserve to die."

"You don't have to lose anything for every defeat," you told him sincerely.

He didn't reply after that. Of course, he did not understand what you said. He just assumed that you are on a different world from him, and that's why you will never be able to understand each other.

Few minutes later, the doctors arrived. They checked his vitals as usual and asked him few questions which he obviously did not answer properly. You helped them with their mini examination on Izana.

Izana, on the other hand, was annoyed and amused at the same time. He treated the doctors as a bothersome but he was feeling overwhelmed with the amount of concern he was receiving. The way you took care of him is something he never experienced before.

When the doctors left, you told him everything. About what happened when he stopped breathing, when he was taken to the hospital, what happened after the surgery, and how long he was unconscious. You also told him about how he could help you in taking care of himself.

Suddenly, both of you turned your head to a knock. The door was now wide open, revealing few people. Izana furrowed his eyebrows as he look at everybody.

"Izana-kun!" Yumeri exclaimed, with mixed excited, touched, and happy emotions. She approached Izana's body with a big hug which Izana hated. He can't do anything about it tho. He was tied up.

"Stop that, Yumeri," you pulled her clothes to keep her away. "He couldn't breathe."

"How do you even know that?! You're not him," she pouted. She didn't even hugged him tight.

The other four was too overwhelmed to move. They stay frozen at the doorstep, staring at Izana's living body. They were too happy that there eyes are getting filled with tears of joy.

"You did very well," Yumeri calmly praised you, patting your head. "I'm proud of you."

"Izana," Kakucho called.

Izana remembered his death words on Kakucho and immediately felt embarrassed. He avoided Kakucho's eyes and looked the other way. He was glad that Kakucho is also alive.

The servant approached his king, trying hard not to cry. "You're awake."

Izana stayed quiet. Mikey also stepped in and reach out to his brother. "You did well, brother."

Draken pushed the wheelchair so the other person can get close to him. "Hey, I missed you."

Izana didn't know what to feel. There are too many people here. He didn't know if they were sincere or they're doing this out of pity.

"Can I talk to him," the girl asked you, with tears on her eyes. "Alone?"

You nodded and held Kakucho's wheelchair to lead him outside. Mikey, Draken and Yumeri went out first. You were about to walk away from them when Izana suddenly grabbed your arm.

"Stay," he said with full of authority.

Kakucho immediately helped himself to get out, obeying his master's orders.

"You told me you're not leaving me."

"But—"

"It's fine, (N/N)-chan," the teenage girl said, placing her hand on top of Izana's hand which was still on your arm.

You sat down, letting them talk. You tried your best to let your mind wonder off and not hear their conversation but your curiosity and interest did not allow you to.

"Welcome home, Onīsan," she started. Izana remained silent. "I already told Grandpa about you. He told me that he prepared a room for you to settle in."

You were very happy for him. He has a house he can call home now.

"Mikey helped in choosing your stuffs," she added. "All you need to to do is get well."

Izana didn't know what to say and just kept looking away from his sister.

"Just do whatever (N/N)-chan ask you to. You'll get better in no time," she smiled brightly. "I'm so happy you're alive."

You wanted to hit Izana's head. This is a very touching moment and he's letting it go without responding.

"We can spend time together after we get discharged, okay?"

"I don't want to," Izana stated.

"Please look forward to that," her smile was now bitter.

"Leave," Izana looked at you. This was a signal so you stood up. Maybe then, Izana would be comfortable to talk to his sister. "Make Emma leave, (N/N)."

Emma held your hands as her eyes disappear from smiling. "Thank you for taking care of him, (N/N)-chan. I can go by myself now."

Despite her saying those, you still assisted her on her way to Draken. Mikey, Kakucho and Yumeri was nowhere to be found. Izana's eyes followed your movements as you handed Emma to her boyfriend.

After closing the door, you were left alone with him again. You grin as you approach him.

"See? You lost but you gained a family."