1.- CAPTURE THE FLAG

Author's Message:

Hello Wattpaders!

You're about to read a tale called -Outset [An Overwatch 2 Story]-, I sincerely appreciate the time that you invest in reading the story.

Feel free to comment, rate and share this unique adventure with the Amazing Overwatch Community.

And remember That The World Could Always Use Some More Heroes Like You!

Thank You!

Warning: If you are a new reader, first of all thank you for stopping by. The first four chapters are under heavy maintenance. So I invite you to read chapter one and then head up and continue the story in chapter five with Brigitte Lindholm! You'll be in for quite a action-packed ride, without missing the main plot! Thanks!

----

Reports show Null-Sector attacks all around the world in the past few months. It's just a matter of time before a Second Omnic-Crisis becomes a reality. Nevertheless, we are optimistic about our response as a new and better organization.

It has been one month since our commander, Winston, activated Overwatch's rebirth program: The Recall, alongside a new recruitment initiative. It's safe to say that we have received a reasonable response. The teams were sorted as follows:

Main: Winston, Lena, Dr. Ziegler, Reinhardt, Echo and Genji.

First (Cadets First): Fareeha, Zarya, Mei and Baptiste.

Second (Cadets Second): Brigitte, Lúcio, Hana and Aren.

Hereby, we are happy to confirm that all the members of the first and second are officially new cadets within the Overwatch ranks. October fourth will be established as the designated day to begin the mandatory training program. Further information will be delivered to their dormitory chambers.

Final Note: As a word of caution, all agents should remember that the Petras Acts is still a valid document worldwide. As per the decree, all Overwatch activity is considered illegal and open to prosecution by the UN. Any member that wishes to withd—

"Aren, Aren, AREN WAKE UP!"

A strong knocking outside my chamber made me regain consciousness. I wasn't asleep, but the continuous rumbling of my heart and the adrenaline of anticipation obliged me to find comfort in reading. It was the tenth time that I read the team-distribution letter. 

The several Overwatch history archives and books about the First Omnic-Crisis scattered all across my bed, also made it difficult to get to the door. Maybe I had overdone it a bit.

In a hurry, I turned the doorknob after putting on the blue full body suit that was handed to me for this day in particular. I was greeted by Brigitte's impressive height and long brown hair that reached down to the peculiar gear tattoo on her shoulder.

To my surprise, Brigitte didn't dress with the official attire. Quite the contrary, she donned a greasy and outworn red-overall. For a moment I considered questioning her about it, but who am I to doubt on someone as important as her.

"Let's go, Aren! Everyone is gathering at the simulator. We need to be there in less than five!"

While her voice sounded urgent, her hazel eyes didn't share the same sentiment. But, if there is something I'm grateful for, it is for her guidance so far.