Chapter 2

~ 10 years later ~

Deep in the woods of Mystic Grove there's a teenage boy with salmon colored hair and onyx eyes and a beautiful blonde girl with beautiful sparkling brown eyes sitting by the lake, they're feet playing in the waters. They were resting after the fun day they both just had.

"So it's almost your birthday huh?"

"Yeah, I'll be turning 18 soon."

"Time really flies huh? It was just like yesterday you were this stubborn annoying and rude little kid that was crying just because he was lost in the woods." She said while remembering the day they met.

The boy blushed at what the spirit said. "Hmph! Whatever." He said while pouting.

The girl giggled at how cute he was being. "So, how's life been treating you?"

He sighed, "You know it's still the same, highschool's still tough and I still get like 5 confessions a day." He said while laying down on the grass. Natsu is one of the popular guys in his school and almost every girl wants to be with him, so he always gets a confession almost everyday.

"I am still wondering about that, why don't you just accept one of their confessions?" She said trying her best to hide the annoyance she was feeling. She doesn't know why but everytime he talks about how he was always randomly getting a confession from different girls everyday really annoyed the heck out of her.

"Well that's because I don't like them, sure they might like me but I don't like any of them."

"Well, is there someone you like?" She asked, her curiosity growing even more.

He sat up immediately, looking up to her with a smirk on his face. "Why the sudden question? Why are you all of a sudden interested in my love life? Are you...jealous?"

The girl's face immediately heated up at what he just said. "Are you crazy!! Of course I'm not. Me? Jealous? As if! Why would I even be jealous?! That's just absurd, I was just asking, because you're almost 18 and you still don't have a girlfriend!!" She said, her face still blushing. "And it's not like I like you ok! So stop getting so cocky!"

"I never said you like me." He said, with one of his hands resting on his cheeks and his smirk never leaving his face.

She blushed even more after hearing his reply. "Crap! What am I gonna say?! Why did I even said that?!!" she thought as she mentally beat herself up for saying that, she should've known that, that would just boost Mr. Cocky's ego.

"Just shut up, you big dummy!!" She yelled, still blushing madly.

He bursted out laughing at the sight of her flustered face which only made her even more embarrassed than she already was.

"H-Hey! Stop laughing you idiot!!"

"Sorry Luce, it's just the look on your face was hilarious!" He exclaimed while wiping a small tear in his eye.

Once the laughter died down he smiled at her and finally answered her question earlier. "Yeah...I do like someone."

This got the girl's attention. "Y-You do?" She asked, her voice slightly cracking. She doesn't know why but her heart was aching like it was being torn to pieces.

"Yeah, I've been in love with her for a long time now, she's really amazing and also extremely beautiful, she's everything I could ever ask for. She's just...perfect." He said dreamily while blushing as he talked about the girl he's in love with.

Lucy just sat there listening to him ramble on and on about his dream girl. Every sentence he said made her heart ache even more, she did her best to successfully stop the tears from streaming down on her porcelain skin.