Butterflies and science fairs pt. 2

Start from the beginning

"That's Lila. That's most definitely Lila!" Marinette said pointing at the monitoring screen. While they examined the footage of the contest they could clearly see Lila sneaking away from the crowd to mess with Varian's project.

"So what do we do now?" Lance asked her.

"Tell the judges of course! Come on!" Marinette said, running towards the door.

When she reached the door she suddenly heard screams coming from the other side. She quickly opened it and peaked inside. People where running around, screaming as weird pointy, black rocks came out of the ground. Marinette looked at the scene with wide eyes, before closing the door again and turning back around to look at Eugene, Lance and Cassandra.

"Never mind I think Varian's been akumatized." she announced.

"WHAT?!" They yelled.

Eugene pushed past her to open the door.

"WHERE IS LILA ROSSI?!!" A booming voice screamed. A boy with bright blue hair, black goggles and a black and blue bodysuit stood on a big black rock.

Eugene squeaked and closed the door again.
"Yep that's definitely goggles!"

"What do we do?" Cassandra asked.

"We should wait for Ladybug and Chat Noir!" Lance said.

Marinette started sweating. She had to get out of here! She had to think of something!

"I-I uhh..." She began. "Y/n! My girlfriend is out there I need to find her!"

"You can't leave, it's to dangerous!" Eugene said.

"I don't believe Varian would deliberately hurt me, but I have to make sure Y/n is okay. I'll be back!" She yelled as she pulled the door open and ran straight into the scene.

Students were huddled together in corners, while others where trapped between black rocks. Varian still stood in the middle on a big rock. He looked over the chaos he caused, with a satisfied smirk.

Marinette tried to sneak into the locker room, but of course she had to trip over someone's project that laid scattered on the ground.

"Marinette!" Varian said sending black rocks in her direction.

Marinette tried to run but the rocks incased her middle and she was lifted off the ground. Varian brought her towards him.

"MARI!" Y/n, who was protectively stood over some students, yelled. Scared for her girlfriend's safety.

"Don't worry I won't hurt you." Varian said.

"No?" Marinette said raising a brow.

"No, not if you help me take down Lila. I know you want revenge on her too!" Varian said.

Marinette sighed: "Varian please rethink this, getting revenge is not the same as doing justice!"

"I'm Black Rocker! And who needs justice anyway?" Varian shrugged. "There won't be justice as long as that brat is still around!"

"I know what Lila did, but please you don't need to take her down. We found proof she sabotaged you! We can show that to the judges. Everything will be alright!"

"That's not enough. She needs to pay! And clearly we're not on the same line anymore so I don't need you!" Everyone in the room gasped as Marinette was swung across the room. But before she could hit the ground a certain kitty jumped and caught her.

"Woah careful M'lady we still got an akuma to fight!"

Marinette let out a shaky breath. "Thanks Kitty."