Obsession Chapter 8

Start from the beginning

"It's happened before?" 

He opened his mouth to speak, but when nothing came out, he closed it again. He was so cute like this - all confused and embarrassed. It was rather funny. I propped myself up on one elbow and watched him with a mock-strict face. 

"Cain? You do know that it's not very polite, or legal, to sneak into people's bedrooms at night, right?" 

He met my eyes then, confused and a little suspicious. 

"You're not mad? Freaked out? Disgusted? Calling the cops?" 

"You're avoiding the question, Cain", I accused. 

"Yes, I am", he said, matter-of-fact. "But so are you." We stared at each other for a moment, before he looked down, blushing (blushing?! Seriously - how cute is that?!). "I can't sleep without you in my arms." 

Naww... I couldn't help but smile at that - believe me, I tried not to. I knew that I should be freaking out and calling the cops on his hot ass: I hardly knew him. But I didn't want to, and THAT did freak me out a little. 

"It's OK", I head myself saying. "I don't mind that much." (Try AT ALL.) 

His face lit up and he turned his gaze to meet mine. 

"Really?" he said, hopeful. 

"Yeah." I smiled at him, and for a second, I thought I saw his eyes glow slightly, before I mentally slapped the thought out of my mind. What was I thinking? Eyes don't glow - except for cats', maybe. His answering smile took my breath away. 

Then, suddenly, he rolled over, so that he was on top of me, and kissed me so hungrily and desperate that I completely lost conscience of where, or even WHO, I was. All I could think of was Cain Evans. And I realized (as I seemed to do every time we kissed), how much I had missed him for the past few days - weeks - when I had not touched him, hugged him or kissed him every day. 

We broke apart when he noticed me turning blue from lack of oxygen, but he simply trailed a line of gentle kisses down my neck, apparently not needing to breathe himself. I was jealous. 

I drove my hands into his thick, dark hair and pressed him closer to me, and moaned as he kissed right below my earlobe. It was one of my soft-spots. He growled in response, and then whispered in my ear. 

"You're mine!" he reminded me darkly, and didn't give me a chance to argue as he kissed my lips again. 

I didn't really mind his possessiveness - it was actually quite the turn-on - but I would still have argued just for the sake of it. It would have bothered me if it had been any other guy - and it should have bothered me with this one too: I would have argued, because that was what I expected from myself. 

We kept at it non-stop for almost fifteen minutes before, suddenly, my mom burst into the room. Cain and I flew apart as if under attack. 

"Oh!" Her eyes widened in surprise, and she blushed dark red before quickly backing out of the room, closing the door behind her. "I'm sorry!" she shouted through the door. "I was just gonna say that I'm leaving, Lily - off to work!" She seemed to finally have gathered herself and wrapped her mind around what was going on inside my room, and as she spoke again it was with a voice full of glee and raw amusement. "Have a nice day - the both of you!" 

"Bye, mom!" I yelled back, putting my bright red face in my hands. "I'm sorry", I added a little lower, to Cain. "I totally forgot about her!" Wow. That sounded terrible: forgetting my own mother. 

He chuckled and rolled back to me, tugging at my hands. His clear, green eyes met my blue ones, and he softly trailed his fingertips along the lines of my face.