"I like what you did with your hair." He mentions, causally.

This man has no shame.

"Don't you dare." I told him with my finger pointing directly at him, he's trying to make this seem normal but everything that has to do with him is nowhere near normal.

I hate him so much that looking at him makes me realize how much hatred I actually have stored for him. He's done so much damage to me that I can never be the same, I can never love someone again, I can never trust, I'm never happy anymore, all I think about is him and what he's done to us. My body is practically corrupted by him, my mind as well. Everyday for the past year or so, I've thought about this moment and what I would say to him but standing in front of him now totally made my mind go completely blank.

He walks around the table standing directly in front of me without a shed of sadness in him, he leans his butt against the table with his hands inside his front pockets.

"I've missed you, chula." He speaks, his voice came out like honey and it made me nervous how serious he sounded which made me even angrier so I searched his eyes for any clue of a lie but all I saw was the truth, and that scared me.

"You don't get to miss me, you don't get to look at me and you sure as hell don't get to think about me." I snap, you could hear the hurt and frustration in my voice.

He looked taken back by my outburst as I tried my best to hold my chin up high and hold back any tears that wanted so badly to fall out. It's taking everything inside of me right now not to give up and throw my arms around him and never let go, it's hard loving someone when they don't love you back.

"You seem different." He says.

That made me chuckle with a dangerous look to my eyes, was he joking? He broke me to pieces and he has the audacity to say I'm different just because I'm stronger mentally and physically, because I don't need him anymore, I don't need someone to tell me it's going to be okay because I tell myself and that's all that matters.

"Stronger? Vigorous? Relentless?" I couldn't help but to smile a little.

"No, that's not it." He said with a soft tone to his voice. "You seem colder, uncaring, broken."

My smile slipped from my mouth, it was taken over by a frown. I felt like the air all around me was tightening and I couldn't breathe, I was suffocating.

Colder

Uncaring

Broken

Those words will haunt me at night when I'm sleeping alone, and I'm thinking about how much this year has changed me, how much he's changed me. I need to play it off because I can't let him know that his words affected me a whole lot, I can't let him win again.

"Should I apologize?" I bat my eyelashes at him with a sarcastic pouty face.

"My Genevieve was kind, patient, and warm." He says the last word loud making sure I'd hear.

That fired me up for some reason, it made me angrier. At first I thought it was because he used the phrase 'my' but that's not it, the only reason why I'm not like how I use to be is because of him, he gave me trust issues, he made me believe that every man I sleep with will eventually leave me, he made me think that I was unlovable and that's why I'm angry.

"I am not your Genevieve anymore." I shout at him with disgust clearly present on my face.

He storms right up to me, my breathing hitched when he caught my elbow. He yanked me against his solid hard chest, his warm breath ran across my pale cheeks. My hands balled up in a fist, his touch sent wild sparks down my entire body which made me even angrier that he has that type of affect on my body. I hate my body for missing him, and my heart, why couldn't I just not love him anymore?

"Is that so? Do you have any idea what I did in order to find you?" He said, harshly.

"Enlighten me." I tried yanking my arm back to my side but he had a strong grip on it.

"I killed everyone involved in that auction, I made them all wish they never touched you." He tells me, his voice sounds dark and not human like at all. "I tied that man to a chair and tortured him to death with a smile on my face." I know exactly what man he was talking about, the one responsible for putting me in that auction.

My breath seemed to be caught in the back of my throat, I could feel some heat travel around the inside of my body and that uncomfortable feeling his heavy eyes are currently leaving on me.

"For simply touching what's mine." He says, I could hear it in his tone that he wasn't done.

"Stop it." I warned him, he was slowly getting even closer to me. "You might say something you'll regret later."

He was so close that I could smell his familiar scent of teakwood and oranges, his chest touched mine. His eyes didn't fall from mine not even for a second, it was making me nervous.

"I would burn down this world for you." He whispered, my eyes shut as my mind tried it's best to ignore what had just poured from his mouth.

"I could never regret the truth."

Don't let him manipulate you, my inner voice kept screaming inside my head. My heart was practically bleeding for him but all the damage he's done to me, I have a feeling like we'll never recover from it.

"The truth?" I said, there's a long pause before I continue.

"You'd let me get burned as well." My voice cracked unintentionally as I backed away from him making sure that there's an invisible blockage between us. I don't even want to feel his body heat.

"No, it'll be different this time." He says, it sounds almost like a plea.

"It could never be different with you." I respond while pulling my arm back to my side, my head shakes making it known how serious I am.

He didn't say anything else, he simply just watched me in silence. My emotions are all over the place but once I swallowed down the pain and emptiness the only real thing in my life came back to the surface, the one thing I could never live with myself if something happened to them, the man who I don't love but I do love.

"What have you done with Aziel?" I ask.

He looked shocked when the words left my mouth, his eyes were glued to mine even more now.

"What is he to you?" He demands, his eyes looked dangerous but not as dangerous as before.

I don't know what to respond with, my better judgment is telling me to lie but I couldn't even make out words, at least not enough to lie with.

"You don't know him, he's not who he says he is." He tells me, carefully with the palm of his hand facing me.

Is this some type of lie he's planning to use against me? Because he's either done something wicked to him or this is his way of trying to distract me. If he wants to play games so badly, I'll gladly participate just for his enjoyment.

"Then tell me, who is he?" My voice came out as a thin whisper and a smile appeared on my face as I got ready to hear whatever lie he's come up with to try and soften the battlefield.

"He's the man responsible for the kidnapping of my sister." His dull eyes kept contact with mine, the smile that was against my mouth quickly disappeared and an unsettling feeling stirred inside my stomach.

••
Instagram: @ sexsationel
Twitter: @ sexsationella
TikTok: @ ellasbooks_

Merry Christmas, luvs<3