02

We ended up not going to the bookstore.

Instead, we had to get home quickly because our dad said our new school had called. He claimed the principal wanted to talk to us about the upcoming year.

It's normal for this to happen but that didn't make me any less annoyed. Some private schools deal with new families like business deals.

If a school gets the student a good education and secures them a spot at a top university, then the family will fund the school and maybe donate enough money for a new building to be named in their honor. Certain students also bring more attention to schools. For example, if a government official's child is going to the school more attention will be brought to the school.

My closet was only partially unpacked. Whenever we move I am physically unable to unpack my closet for a few weeks. It just never happens.

All of this means I have minimal options to choose from. I needed something classy but fashionable. I probably should refrain from being too over the top.

After doing some digging through the few piles of clothes that have been unpacked, I settle on an outfit. I found a black long sleeve turtleneck and a black fitted skirt.

I sat down onto the bench in the middle of my closet to adjust the strap on my pair of black Versace platform heels.

Walking over to the other side of the closet I grabbed a small black Versace bag. The whole wall on this side of the closet is built to display purses.

I have multiple piercings on both ears, but I only left in diamond studs. The only necklace I left on was my dainty gold necklace with a diamond in the center that I got from my dad.

I know my outfit was a bit over the top but it could be worse. I also know for a fact that all of the males present at this meeting will be wearing suits. So, that automatically made me have to put in effort.

Exiting my room I head to the staircase. My hand goes to the railing as I walk down the steps. My steps are slow but elegant because of the shoes I was wearing.

At the bottom of the stairs my brother and father are both waiting for me. Both were wearing black suits with white shirts underneath. Rowan's first few buttons at the top of his shirt were undone.

With my shoes on I was closer in height to my father and brother. I'm 5'7" and with the shoes on I'm around 5'11". The height advantage is one of my favorite things about wearing heels. Along with how good they make your ass look.

"You know you don't have to dress over the top all the time right?" RJ quirks an eyebrow.

"Where's the fun in that?" I glide towards the door as both of them follow behind me. I walk over to the sleek black Maserati and get into the back passenger seat.

I like sitting in the back because I can put my legs on the seat. I also can go on my phone without anyone looking at the screen. I'm not inherently hiding anything but privacy is sometimes comforting.

My brother and father both get into the car. Dad starts the car and we begin the drive to Oak Crest Preparatory School.

There wasn't much talking in the car. Dad and Rowan made small talk about his work and about how football is going for Rowan.

I decided to read during the drive. The book was about a forbidden romance. It had pretty shitty writing, but the storyline was decent.

Sadly if I read for too long, however, I get car sick. It's not anything major, but my stomach always hurts. A lot.

Outside the windows, the trees and grass blur together as the car speeds down the road. I could tell we were still in Augustine, Connecticut because you passed old mansions. Some were bigger than others but overall still massive.