Chaoter four

20 years.

20 years was how long a Titan term lasts. This meant that Eren only had 15 years left. That's not that bad, but you see things differently when you know when you're going to die, and knowing that well, that can change a person.

"15 years, huh?" Jean sighed at the news, sitting down.

"Yeah.." Eren sat next to him outside of the great hall where they were about to receive medals. "I'm sure you want to break up with me. Who would want to continue to date someone who has a certain period they can live, right?" Eren nervously fiddled with his bracelet. This could've been it between them. He wouldn't blame Jean though.

"Eren Jaeger, look at me," He grabs Eren by both his shoulders so they're looking directly into each other's eyes, "Nothing will ever make me want to leave you, I promise. Especially for something as stupid as that, I mean it's really not that bad. We now know the time we have left together so there's no time to lose!" Jean then cupped Eren's face.

Eren jumped into Jean's arms, embracing him into a hug, which Jean gladly returned. "I don't deserve you." Eren eventually pulls away after being in a hug for a while. "I love you."

"I love you too."

Eren and Jean leaned into each other, almost resulting in a kiss before Eren suddenly stopped and grabbed Jean's left hand, which was wrapped in a bandage. "When did this happen?! And why am I just noticing this now?!"

Jean looked down at his hand which was wrapped. "Oh yeah, that. It happened a while ago during the battle when you were knocked out."

"How come you didn't tell me?"

"You had a lot on your plate."

"I still need to know if you get hurt or not," Eren sighs, "does it hurt?"

"Not anymore, no," Jean says, taking his hand away from Eren and looking at it. "I could probably take the bandage off."

Jean went to take the bandage off but before he could even start the two were interrupted by Connie coming to retrieve them so they could get their medals.

----

Okay so maybe that whole thing didn't go well. Good thing is, everyone silently agrees they dislike Floch. But after some convincing, they were finally going to see the ocean. When everyone laid eyes on the ocean everything almost seemed at peace for them. Everyone dismounted their horses and made their way to the water. Levi at first refused to put his feet in it, scared of all the bacteria. Hanji was able to finally convince him to at least put a foot in the water. Connie and Sasha were trying to dunk Jean under. He still had his bandage on so he was mainly trying not to get it wet, Connie and Sasha didn't care. Mikasa was being cautious following Armin, and Eren. Armin found a shell he was very excited about.

"Eren! Isn't this amazing!?" Armin excitedly says before stopping and looking over at his friend. Eren had been acting weird for the past few days. He was talking about his enemies and pointing over the other side of the ocean. Armin was worried about his friend. "Hey, Jean?"

"Hey, Armin. What's up?" Jean responds to the blonde after pushing Connie into the water.

"I'm doing fine. Aside from Mr. Party Pooper over there." Armin points at Eren. "And I was hoping you could take his mind off everything that's happened in the last few days. You're good at making him laugh."

"I'll give it a go." Jean smiles then walk over calmly to Eren. "Heard you were a wet blanket." Jean laughs at his own joke.

"What're you talking about Jean? You're the one who's soaked." Eren turned to Jean looking unamused. Eren had started to play with his bracelet again. Jeans noticed how he does that when he's worried or nervous about something.