𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘 - 𝗜𝗺𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴

Devyns POV

Thump.
Thump.
I woke up confused looking around. The noise came again from the side window of the house. I turned around slowly because I was utterly terrified.

My eyes adjusted to reveal a person. The person moved from the window and went to the front door. I grabbed my switchblade and went to the door.

"If you open this door I will not hesitate to slit your throat." I said.

"Devyn it's just me." They said.

"Who's me?" I said. I wasn't awake enough to distinguish the voice.

"Ponyboy." He said. I groaned and went for the door handle. It makes since now, the figure looked a lot like Ponyboy. I kept my blade open just incase. I opened the door revealing, shocker, Ponyboy. He gave an awkward smile.

"What?" I asked irritated. I was mid sleep.

"Can we talk?" He asked.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"Somewhere around 12." He said.

"This better be really important. I value my sleep a lot." I said.

"I know you do, but I didn't know when else I could take to you without Two-bit." He said. "Will you talk with me? Please?"

"Fine, but I don't wanna be out hear all night it's freezing." I said. I walked out the door, I forgot the grab shoes. "Hold on." I would usually walk barefoot, but the ground was almost frozen right now. I still had socks on so I slipped on Two-bits boots. Surprisingly they weren't too big. We walked for a moment, I'm guessing towards the lot.

"When did you get a record player?" He asked.

"Oh man, I forgot to turn that off." I groaned. "But, Matt got it for me." I said. I didn't know what type of small talk Ponyboy was trying to make right now. We walked to the lot and I sat down on the couch.

"Hey Pony?" I asked after the most uncomfortable silence ever.

"Yeah?" He responded.

"I just want you to know, what you said earlier, made me cry. In-front of Two-bit." I made sure emphasizing the In front part. "What you said was low. All I've ever done was be a good friend to you. I got dragged to a church with you and Johnny and could've died, just because I thought 'hm maybe I shouldn't sit at home all day, but maybe try to be close with you.'" I said. "If anyone else had said that to me earlier, I probably would've smacked them, but not you. Cause I cared about you too much. I kind of wish I did now to be completely honest." I said. I just kinda said that off on a wimb, but I think he got the point.

"I didn't mean it Devyn. You know I didn't." He said.

"It sure didn't seem like it, you looked at me straight in the eyes and said that. You ignored me all day, then blew up on me. You realize how confusing that is? Dally was more of a gentleman to me today then you." I said.

"I thought you were with someone, I'm sorry." He said.

"Yeah. Makes since. You didn't think to ask me or Mason about a rumor that was going around because I skipped 8th period. I skipped because you were gonna be coming home and I didn't know how you were gonna react." I said.

"You skipped? That's why I didn't see you anywhere? He asked.

"Yeah. I didn't wanna be there." I said.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because, we didn't talk before you left, and I didn't know if you were upset with me or somethin." "Who woulda thought it would be you believing what some cheerleaders say that caused anything between us." I said. I was gonna be as bitter as possible.

"I know, I thought ignoring you was the way to go, I was mad, so I didn't talk to you. Kinda like what you did." He said.

"Like what I did? Ok, I'll admit I didn't talk to you, but I also didn't tell you to get out of my life." I said.

"Can you please forget about that? I didn't mean to say it." He said.

"Yeah, but you still did." I said. "You also didn't even try to look for me after I left."

"I did, I couldn't find you." He said.

"Couldn't find me?" I said almost laughing. "I was sitting in my living room! You couldn't find me?!" I said. He stayed silent for moment.

"I stopped by your house after, but two-bit said you weren't home. So I came by later, which is now. I knew you'd be home." He said.

"Ok." I said. "But let me ask one thing, why do you care so much about if I was dating Mason?"

"Because...I don't know." He said.

"No, no, no. I want a valid answer." I said.

"Maybe because I didn't want you with a jock." He said after thinking.

"Oooh, so now it's your choice who I hang out with. And for your information, Mason is not another stupid jock." I said.

"Yeah, I bet he'd just love to care for and be your 'friend.' Trust me Devyn he just wants to see you undressed." He said.

"No he doesn't Ponyboy, he's my friend. He's been a good guy to me. This doesn't even explain why you got so worked up over it." I said.

"I don't have to give you an answer Devyn, you're not some boss of me." He said. We were almost yelling at this point.

"I'm not you're right, but you were a d*ck and treated me like a nobody." I said.

"I did not-"

"Bull crap- you said you didn't care what I did, just to get out of your life. I did that and look who came crawling to my doorstep." I said.

"Can you just shutup and listen to me for a sec-" He said before I cut him off.

"Ponyboy Curtis don't you ever tell me to shutup again. Why did you care about me and-"

"God Devyn, because I like you! I've liked you since you got here. I heard about you and Mason and got jealous, ok?" He blurted out. I felt my jaw drop.
"Im sorry for being a jerk about it, I didn't think straight. I thought one of the only girls I wanted to be with left me." He started to get up and walk away, so I had to grab his hand.

"You actually like me? Like, like like me?" I said still dumbstruck.

"Yes Devyn. How could I not like you, I mean think about it." He said. He sat back down. "I couldn't imagine loosing you, that's why I came 'crawling' back to your doorstep. I left the dance early to see if I could talk to you. Please don't stay mad at me." He said. I was staring at him wordlessly.

"Devyn?" He asked after a moment. I did something I never thought I'd do.

I kissed him. He immediately sunk into the kiss. He moved his hand to my cheek and cupped my face. I felt lost in space. After a few moment we back away from each other.

"Im gonna take that as...you like me back?" He said smiling.

"Yes Ponyboy, I like you back." I said with a goofy smile I could feel. This time he went in for the kiss. I've never felt more happy than at this moment. Ponyboy Curtis was kissing me, holding me, told me he liked me.

Well that was it. I just want to say thanks to everyone who stayed with the book this long. I love every single one of you. I felt like I needed to stop this book instead of dragging it on. I enjoyed writing every part of this book. I have another book as of right now, it's an Adam Banks fanfic. Except, I am gonna start writing a Matt Dillion fanfic. It'll be called: About a girl - Matt Dillion. Depends on when you read this whether or not I'll have one chapter posted, or the whole thing completed. I love you all thank you so much for the support especially iluvsteveandsoda and i_like_chopped_liver There are a few others who have been there, but I am absolutely horrible at remembering users. So just just know, if you read this ily

-Brooke

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐓𝐔𝐋𝐒𝐀 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐏𝐨𝐧𝐲𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐂𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐬 🎉