𝐹𝑂𝑈𝑅𝑇𝐸𝐸𝑁 - 𝑀𝑎𝑖𝑙

Devyns POV

Johnny's been in the cooler for about a week. It's been weird not having him around. The gangs getting a little used to it, but it's still not the same. Me and Two-bit were walking to the Curtis house right now.

I've been walking better, the physical therapist really don't get how I'm healing this well. I'm still using crutches and all, but I can walk without them sometimes. I'm off the wheel chair, even though I should use it sometimes, I don't.

It wasn't a very long walk to the Curtis house, just a couple blocks. We rounded the corner and were on 'Curtis Brother Lane.'

"You for any plans today Two?" I asked.

"Not really. I'll probably hang around the house with you and Pony." He said.

"Alright." I replied. We got to the Curtis house and walked in to the smell of cooked food. Darrys truck was gone so it couldn't have been that long since breakfast.

"Foods in the kitchen." Soda said. I nodded and went and sat down beside Soda. I usually wasn't hungry in the mornings. Except I don't know where Ponyboy was.

I watched Mickey on the tv as Steve and Soda started moving around to leave for work. I think they're off work tomorrow.

They said their byes and left. Pony hadn't came out of wherever he was. After about 5 minutes I got up and started towards the hall.

"Where are you going?" Two asked.

"To find Pone." I said. He nodded as a 'oh' and I continued down the hall. I looked into their room to see Pony sitting on the bed staring at the ceiling.

". . pony?" I asked. I've never seen someone jump like that before in my whole life.

"Jeez, Devyn you're gonna give me a heart attack." He breathed.

"Sorry." I said.

"It's fine, maybe cough next time." He said laughing a little.

"Alright, why are you just laying in your bed?" I asked.

"I don't know. I was thinking." He said.

"Bout' what?" I asked going over to him.

"Nothing in particular. Evidently I have a track meet in about a month. It's like a competition, we could go to state." He said.

"Really? That's awesome." I said.

"Yeah, I'm actually excited about it." He said.

"Well cmon, let's go out there with two-bit." I said gesturing out there. He got up and followed me out of the room.

"Hey pony." Two-bit said.

"Hey." Pony said. Me and Ponyboy sat down on the couch.

We basically watched Mickey for 2 hours. I'd say it was about 11. Two-bit was passed out on the couch.

"Wanna go for a walk or somethin? Don't gotta be very far just a couple blocks." Ponyboy said.

"Uh, sure. We gotta leave two-bit a note though." I said.