chapter 39

Tories POV:

"Come on, torie! Its your birthday tomorrow, and I have to leave tomorrow so let's just go out." Hannah begged, pulling at my arm. I wasn't in the mood though. Not for going out. Not for talking to hannah. Not for anything really.

Now i can remember why i stopped hanging out with her so much..

"Hannah, im tired and who the fuck is gonna babysit madeline if we go out?" I asked looking up at her from my bed with a frown. "No silly, I don't mean clubbing. I mean we can go out for dinner wherever you want and bring maddy. My treat." She smiled as her ginger hair swayed a little.

I sighed and sat up, "okay." I forced a smile. "Yayy! Go get yourselves dressed and I'll be here to collect you at 6." She said and scurried off.

I sighed and layed back down under the covers with maddy as she read her little books. She looked at me and smiled, rubbing my head. I started laughing which made her laugh too. "I love you." I told her. She just smiled back. I cant wait until she's old enough to properly talk.

Her vocab is limited for obvious reasons but she speaks a lot more than an average 1 year old would according to her GP. When she was just freshly 1 we went to see her GP because she wasn't feeling well and when he asked her to open wide she shouted no and slapped him.

Shes a drama queen, but shes my drama queen.

"Lets get ready now, shall we?" I said to madeline in a funny voice. She laughed and climbed on top of me. I sat up and carried her to my closet, finding something to wear.

———

I decided on something very plain and simple. Just a little green dress with a cute design. Maddy was dressed in a little pink shirt with a matching skirt and her doc martins.

Hannah waited outside as I did my hair and put on my rings. I quickly grabbed a little jacket and my purse and brought me and madeline out to her car thats shes renting.

 I quickly grabbed a little jacket and my purse and brought me and madeline out to her car thats shes renting

theyluvtorie: dinner with @hannah.23 lol🧍🏽‍♀️
Liked by finneas, hannah.23 and others

"So where are we going?" I asked as I strapped maddy into her carseat I proudly installed. "Where do you wanna go?" She asked. As I got into the front seat I sat in thought. "I don't really care to be honest, suprise me." I said softly and put my seat belt on. She smiled and started driving.

The majority of the drive was silent until hannah spoke up. "Hey, um the whole billie thing feels like a weight on my shoulders and I'm really sorry I caused all of it." She said keeping her eyes on the road.

I didn't say that it was fine or okay because it wasn't. It was one of the most painful things to have happened all year.

"Everything happens for a reason." I mumbled and played with my hands that sat in my crotch.

A few minutes later, hannah parked outside of this big exquisite restaurant. "Girl this place looks expensive." I said as I looked at it through the windshield. "It is." She snorted and unbuckled her seat belt. I did the same, heading to the back of the car to get madeline.

My wedges made a soft patter as we walked into the nice restaurant. "How can I help you ladies?" The man at the front door asked. "Table for 2 please." Hannah requested. "Right this way." He said and showed us to a table. The inside of the restaurant was gorgeous.

It looked so fancy and so expensive.

We sat down and I picked up the menu that sat before me. It took awhile, but I decided on a bag of shrimp that was covered in a sauce. I got madeline a plate of chicken nuggets and fries and a glass of juice. Surprisingly they sell regular food too.

"Thanks for this." I thanked hannah. "Its nothing, honestly." She smiled at me.

———

Billies POV:

"Hun you hungry?" My mom asked as I sat in the living room with shark and pepper. "Not really." I mumbled. "Oh come on, billie. You barely ate all day." She frowned. "Yeah, maybe because im not hungry?" I groaned.

"Why don't you invite Torie over. I bet she'll appreciate my cooking." She chuckled. "Nah shes busy with work and stuff." I lied. I haven't really gotten around to telling anyone we broke up. I think part of me just hopes I won't have to and we'll just get back together and pretend nothing happened.

"You two haven't been spending a lot time together." My mom said from the kitchen. "Yeah well we both have busy lives. Im busy with music and shes busy madeline and work." I muttered. I stood up before she could reply and walked to my old room. Then I remembered its empty so I walked to finneas'.

"Hi." I said softly as I looked at my phone. "Hey. Im working on getting the pitch right on Billie Bossa Nova." He said as he sat at his computer. "Yeah, when are we releasing that?" I asked. "Soon." He chuckled.

I scrolled through my feed on Instagram, scrolling past a familiar face. My brows furrowed and I scrolled back  seeing torie. I sighed as I took in the picture and caption. I chuckled at the caption. She somehow made it so awkward with the emoji and the 'lol'.

But I really focused on the photo.

She looks so gorgeous. She always does. There's not a single flaw I can spot in her perfect face or body.

"What are you and torie doing tomorrow for her birthday?" Finneas asked pulling me from my thoughts. "Huh?" I looked up at him. "Tories birthday. What are yall doing?" He repeated. "Oh. Um I don't know. Something small and simple." I said.

"What'd you get her?" He asked. "Nothing." I chuckled. "Come on, billie. Tell me." He laughed. "Fine." I snorted and told him. "Thats so sweet bil. She'll love them." He smiled. I shook my head and looked back to my phone.

That's the thing tho..

Will she love them?

A/N: just one more chapter to go

How u guys feeling?

What do u think is gonna happen?