40 | drowned blood

Start from the beginning

He knew exactly how it felt to lose someone who was so close to you.

Quickly turning my head against the window, I wiped my tears away seeing the rest of the boys sitting in the backseat.

We didn't break down as much as it hurt but this, this wasn't just hurt; this was the feeling of disappearance.

A part of you was missing and you knew it would never come back to you.

"You have every right to be upset fratello [brother]. Every step of the way we will be with you, as well as on the next one." Silas's voiced.

Looking back at them they all had sadness and numbness in their expression.

"What about the girls?" I asked. I knew if she was today with us her first instinct was to check up on the girl. Now I had to do it, wanted to do it.

"They are in the second car with Lorenzo driving back to the mansion." Nodding I started the car starting to drive the route home.

How was I going to sleep in the same bed as her when she wasn't next to me having her head rest on my upper arm and her arms wrapped tightly around my torso.

Feeling more tears slip down my cheek I gave it no attention just driving while they rolled down. Looking away from them wouldn't be an option anymore.

Arriving at the front of our mansion the sky had already darkened and it was starting to get colder.

Seeing as everyone stepped out, I walked behind them into the living room.

I needed to see what was on the chip and in order to do that I needed to be alone. So, I waited until everyone retreated upstairs back into their room.

"You coming up?" Leonardo asked starring down at me from the top of the stairs.

"Yea, I am going to have a drink first," I answered sitting down on the sofa and taking the chip in my hand hiding it in my pocket. I wasn't going anywhere near that room today. If I had to sleep on the floor so, be it.

Giving me a single nod, I waited until he reached the top of the staircase and walked to his room opening the door.

As soon as the door clicked, I drowned the glass in one go walking out of the mansion and towards my car.

Sitting down I took a deep breath before starting the motor and driving down the street and into the city toward our arms dealer warehouse.

Switching roads, I was about to speed down the highway when a black SUV drove behind me.

Not thinking much of it I set foot on the gas driving faster down the empty road when the car copied my exact move.

Making sure if my suspension was right, I switched on the third gear when the car again followed behind.

Some fucking bastard was following me, which meant they knew I had something on me.

Turning around in an alley the car drove past me right to the front and he drove back hard causing me to still.

Without hesitation, I stepped out touching the back of my jeans to make sure if my gun was secured to my belt, and walked up to him.

Immediately the window rolled down. I took that to my advances and rammed my elbows against a pressure point causing him to fall back against his seat and close his eyes for the next half an hour.

Dragging the unconscious body to my car I opened the trunk throwing him in and drove towards the warehouse leaving his car behind but not without checking if he has any devices on him and breaking the GPS on his car.