Love hurts

Love hurts

Just as Louis gets comfortable on the couch, he hears a knock on the door. As he opens the door, he sees Harry standing there. "Can I come in?" Harry asks. Louis is too surprised to make any words, so he only nods. Harry steps inside and Louis closes the door behind him before he goes back to staring at him in surprise.

"What... What is this?" Louis asks, still struggling to believe that what he sees is not just an illusion. Harry meets his gaze and lets out a sigh before he speaks.

"This is me trying to apologise for the fact that I have been a complete asshole to you." Harry begins. "What the fuck," Louis sighs under his breath, he still can't believe what he's seeing and hearing. "We have been together for so long, and most of the time I treated you like shit" Harry continues. Louis really doesn't want to hear what he has to say, but can't do anything else but listen, with his mouth slightly open.

"For years I have used you. I've cheated on you, I've hurt you, I've lied to you, I've torn you apart and I've taken advantage of the fact that you have loved me too much to leave me. I know that my behaviour and my way of treating you has broken you completely and I am so very sorry. You deserve so much better, and I don't expect you to forgive me, or give me another chance, I just needed you to know how sorry I am for hurting you the way I have been hurting you."

All Louis can do is look at Harry with his bright blue eyes wide open. As Harry continues his speech, Louis' eyes are filling with tears.

"I promise you that I will never intentionally hurt you again. I will never lay eyes or hands on someone else, and I will never lie to you again. I will never use you, cheat on you or take advantage of you ever again. I promise you that I will never take you for granted. If you give me one last chance, I promise I will do my best not to ruin it and I promise you that I will love you, respect you and treat you the way you deserve to be loved, respected and treated. 

I'll protect your heart with my life and I'll never let anyone, including myself, break it again. And if I've lost my chance with you for good, then I understand. I just wanted you to at least know how I feel and how sorry I am and that I would do anything to make it up to you if you'd let me." Harry finishes, and it takes Louis a long moment to let his words sink in.

Louis looks into Harry's eyes trying to see if he is lying again. But Louis can't see any signs of it now. All he can see in his eyes is honesty, remorse and pain. For the first time in years he sees the man he fell in love with. Louis doesn't know if it is the right thing to do, but now, all he feels is so much love for this man, not thinking about all the things he put him through.

Louis takes a step closer to him, presses his lips hard against Harry's in a kiss. Harry wraps one arm around his waist and with the other hand he cups his cheek. Harry returns the kiss with passion and when his tongue finds his way past Louis' lips, it's like Louis is falling in love with him all over again. 

When Louis finally pulls back for air after a long, long moment, they are both gasping for air and they let their foreheads rest together. "Don't you ever, ever, break my heart again, Harry. Don't you fucking dare make me regret giving you another chance." Louis whispers. "I won't. I promise you I won't." Harry says, and his eyes are so full of honesty and sincerity that Louis know he's serious.

And when Louis falls asleep, snuggled close against Harry's chest, he knows this is the start of something new, something good, something great. This is the real start of Louis and Harry. And he knows this time he will do it right, Harry will do it right. This time, they both will be happy.

But Louis also remembers ........Love Hurts.

The End

***********************************************************************************************

This was my story, i hope you liked it!

If you liked it, let me know :) (VOTE!!!!)

If you got any suggestions on what to write about, just let me know!

Love, I

P.S: Go read my new book Save You (styles tripletsxLouis) An ABO story