You're not alone II | Fili & Kili

Começar do início

Both Kili and Dwalin looked at him, and after a little discussion, they prepared to go to the supermarket. In the end the little girl had won.

*****

Y/N was packing the gift she had made with Balin. She put the blue bow on it once Balin wrapped it all up, and they waited for someone to arrive, although they didn't want it to be Thorin, the cake should be finished first. It didn't take long for the brothers and Dwalin to arrive with several bags in their hands. Just as Kili was about to remove the package of flour to take to the kitchen, the package tore apart at the bottom and flour began to fall to the ground, dirtying everything in its path and forming a white path that followed Kili.

When Fili got ready to put away the cereals he had bought, he saw the trail of white powder that Kili was leaving, and he opened his blue eyes.

"Kili!" he screamed. "I told you to buy the other package, that one was broken!"

Kili turned to look at his brother and, in the second, he realized the mess he was forming. At that moment, Y/N appeared, who was taking the chocolate bars to melt, and a sigh of surprise escaped her lips, realizing that it was the flour she needed for the cake. Suddenly, two huge tears came out of her eyes. If that flour kept falling, she wouldn't be able to bake Thorin's birthday cake. She was speechless and could only cry, sitting on the floor with the chocolate in her hands.

Kili then ran to the kitchen to put the package in a safe place, but when he went back to comfort Y/N, he found her in Dwalin's arms, being wrapped in a blanket. Kili found it somewhat shocking, since he had never seen Dwalin so affectionate, least of all with a child. Y/N then stopped crying shortly after as Dwalin led her into the kitchen. The latter gave to Kili an unfriendly look, and then, the young man felt intimidated.

In the second, Kili was ashamed of having been careless, seeing how both Fili and Balin stood by his side to look at the little girl, who, with a calmer face, took the bowl and spoon with which she would start mixing the ingredients for the cake, before Thorin arrived.

*****

After a while, Y/N was finishing mixing all the ingredients, and asked Fili to turn on the oven to preheat it. The blonde was stunned when he saw the control with which the little girl handled the kitchen tools, but he didn't say anything and obeyed the girl, who was observed by the endearing old man, Balin, with a smile from the other side of the kitchen. Nothing was missing for Thorin to get home from work, and the cake was still not finished. Y/N had been overwhelmed at times.

"Do you want me to help you with something?" Fili asked. "I can put the cocoa powder on top and you will finish it sooner."

"No, I want to finish it myself, I said I would do it myself," Y/N said.

It was then that footsteps of someone who was climbing the stairs outside the house began to be heard. Fili immediately felt a pang and ran to the door.

"No, no, no, no, no" he said hastily.

Kili was coming out of the bathroom when he saw his brother desperately running towards the door, and he heard keys, indicating that Thorin had finally arrived.

Once Thorin managed to open the door, the brothers slammed it shut to prevent him from entering, almost hitting his face.

"Fili, Kili!" Thorin yelled from the other side. "I don't think it's a good idea to bother me now. Open the door!" On the other hand, the brothers were leaning back against the door to prevent their uncle from entering.

Y/N began to scream with anxiety, and with the help of Balin and Dwalin, they finished the decoration of the cake with the cocoa powder and the chocolate syrup with which they would write the congratulations to Thorin on top of the cake. At that moment, Dwalin leaned out of the kitchen door to tell the brothers that they could let him pass, and Fili and Kili, fearful, opened the door slowly, seeing an unfriendly-looking Thorin leaning against the wall with the work's bag on the floor.

As soon as he entered the house, the brothers closed the door carefully to prevent his uncle from getting more angry. Dwalin and Balin had stepped into the corridor, and when Thorin passed, they lowered their heads slightly. "What the hell is wrong with all of you?" Thorin asked, confused, as he felt everyone's nervousness.

But once he entered the kitchen, what he saw generated a great surprise in him, stopping his walk in his tracks and opening his eyes, seeing a little girl, Y/N, full of chocolate and flour, holding the cake with a smile.

"Happy birthday, Uncle Thorin!!" shouted the girl, putting the cake with difficulty on the table and running towards him to hug his legs, laughing at the moment.

Thorin, still with his eyes open and unable to get out of his astonishment, smiled instantly, caressing the girl's small back.

"T-Thanks... For the cake," he said, turning his gaze to the girl.

"Wait! There is still one more thing" exclaimed the girl running towards Balin and asking him to crouch down to whisper something in his ear.

As soon as she heard the words the old man said to her, she ran upstairs to go to one of the bedrooms and grab Thorin's gift. She returned to the kitchen to give the gift to Thorin, and in response, Thorin caught her in his arms, laughing softly and kissed her on the cheek. "Is this for me, princess?" he asked, showing his tender side.

Y/N always managed to bring out the tender side of even the toughest and most serious man of all. Fili and Kili still couldn't believe it. Their uncle for once was being the man they always wanted as an uncle, as a father figure he always was, and that girl had achieved in a year what they had almost never achieved. However, after a few moments, they went straight to Thorin to hug him, receiving a kiss on the head from him and making the brothers happy.

Once Thorin lowered Y/N from his arms, took the gift and sat on a chair, putting the girl next to him and putting an arm around her waist. He proceeded to open the gift, and what he found was an album of all the photos that had been taken throughout the year that Y/N was introduced to the family. The kid had undoubtedly made big changes on Thorin's personality, even though he was the only one at first that didn't want her home when Fili and Kili brought her in.

In all those photos she appeared, along with Thorin, along with Fili, Kili, Dís, and there were even photos where she was with Dwalin and Balin and the rest of the company. Many memories came back to Thorin, and once again, that girl brought a smile out of him. "Uncle Thorin! I have prepared a picnic in the garden so that we can eat all the cake that I have made. Fili has made a smoothie for everyone and thus we accompany the cake!" Y/N said, taking his hand to lead him there, not even giving him time to change his clothes or leave his work things in its place.

They all went straight to the garden, where they could have a pleasant picnic, once again managing to distract Thorin from his problems.