"morning, liam." xan waved at the younger boy, as moonee got into the passenger's seat.

"hello alexandra." liam gave her a salute while opening the back door, "thanks for the ride."

"no problem." xan said, flashing him a smile through the driver's mirror. "seat belts on?"

"yes, mum." moonee said in a mocking manner.

xan laughed and held her hands up in defence, "just checking."

liam slouched in his seat at the back, he knew this was going to be a long ride.

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"thanks xan." moonee saluted her as liam stepped out the vehicle, "enjoy your free."

"thank you, see you at lunch?" xan asked from the driver's seat.

"yeah, of course." moonee nodded while waving to the girl.

once the two got to school, they immediately met up with francesca santiago and mason hewitt. mason had obtained a book of supernatural creatures and wouldn't stop talking about it.

"hi fran." moonee grinned, throwing her arms around the girl. although it had only been two days since she saw the girl, she missed her.

"good morning, moo." franchie smiled, "excited for the first day?"

"not at all." moonee shook her head before the bell rang.

"don't forget about your class after school." fran reminded the girl.

"that's today?" moonee moaned in a childish way.

"yep."

liam pulled his book out of his locker and the four began to walk to history.

"mason, you okay?" moonee questioned the other boy.

"yeah, this is the book i was telling you guys about. i got it from a rare book dealer in germany." mason began to ramble to them, "cost me two hundred bucks, but it was totally worth it."

"you spent two hundred on that?" moonee asked in disbelief. she felt guilty that mason was spending so much money on a problem that could be solved in a conversation. however, she knew liam had to be the one to tell him.

"he's been hung up on this stuff all summer." franchie sighed. she had been let in on the secret and felt sorry mason hadn't.

"you're still reading about this stuff?" liam asked his best friend, anxiously.

"i was attacked by an armour-plated giant wearing a bear skull- it left an impression." mason shot back.

"must've."

the boy paused in the middle of the corridors, "look, look, have you ever seen anything like this?"

the three paused and glanced at mason's book, it had a drawing of a berserker with many details around it.

"uh, no... never..."

"what is that?" franchie asked, genuinely.

"doesn't ring a bell." moonee lied.