18th of December 2021

Harry's on the phone with his management again. It has been a lot of calls lately but Louis figures it's the album drop that needs to be discussed. He decides to spoil his husband this morning since Harry is doing amazing things for him every day. He gets behind the stove and makes a proper English breakfast.

It's almost done when Harry comes strolling into the kitchen. He lights up with a breathtaking smile.
"You're making breakfast?"

"I just thought it's my time to take care of you for a change." Louis says.

Harry walks up to him and wraps his arms around him and kisses his neck.
"You always take good care of me."

They eat breakfast but Harry keeps glancing at the clock.
"Do you have someplace to be?" Louis asks in amusement.

"We have someplace to be." Harry smirks.

"Is that so?" Louis chuckles.

As soon as they have finished eating Harry rushes him to get ready. They take the dogs with them and drop them off at Eleanor. So this will take some time? Louis is intrigued.

Louis gasps in surprise when Harry stops in front of a tattoo parlor.
"We're getting tattoos?" He asks excitedly.

"If you want to. Maybe it's time for that lighthouse you talked so much about?" Harry suggests.

"Fuck yes! Best present ever. Come on!" Louis says and gets out of the car.

Harry shakes his head in amusement and gets out of the car as well. He knew this was a good idea. They've been talking about getting a new tattoo for ages but they have never been able to find the time.

The tattoo artists welcome them as they step inside the parlor and lock the door behind them. They shake hands and Louis pulls up his phone to show the saved image he has of the lighthouse he wants on his left arm. In the meantime, Harry talks to his tattoo artist about his motive.

They take a seat and the tattoo artists begin. Louis makes a face when the needle penetrates his skin. He looks over at Harry and smirks. His pupils are already blown. They're so going to have sex after this. He knows all about Harry's pain kink and he quite enjoys it. Harry seems to know what he's thinking about because he rolls his eyes at him with a smile.

While Louis gets a lighthouse at the same spot where Harry has his mermaid, Harry is getting his ribcage tattooed. It's a text of some kind but Louis can't see it. He's curious as hell.
"So what are you writing?"

"It's a surprise." Harry grins.

"You and your surprises. You're loving this, aren't you?" Louis teases.

"Yup. In so many ways." Harry smirks.

Now it's Louis' turn to roll his eyes. Kinky bastard. Kinky, wonderful husband. God, he loves him so much.

Harry is finished before him and walks over to the mirror to take a look. Louis stretches his neck but can't see.
"Oh, come on! I'm dying of curiosity over here."

Harry chuckles lightly and walks over. Louis gasps when he reads the lines placed on Harry's ribcage. His eyes tear up.
"You didn't. Fuck! I'm gonna cry."

He rubs his eyes and looks again. There, in permanent ink, some very familiar words are written.
It's been ages, different stages
Come so far from Princess park

Tears well up again and Louis gestures for the tattoo artist to take a small break so he can collect himself.
"Are you okay?" Harry asks softly.

"An emotional disaster. I can't believe you tattooed my song lyrics on your body. I'm overwhelmed, Haz. Wait, what if you get photographed with your shirt off?"

"It's December. I will freeze my ass off if I go topless." Harry smirks.

"Yeah, but later. It's amazing but has really thought this through?" Louis wonders.

"Don't worry about it, Lou. I wanted this tattoo. I love those lines." Harry smiles.

"I love you so fucking much." Louis says and pulls him in for a kiss.

"I love you too." Harry replies and kisses him again.

The tattoo artists return and finish Louis' lighthouse tattoo. They pick up the dogs and head home where a picture of Louis at age 24 is waiting for him.