13th of December 2021

They hadn't been in the same room all five of them since Zayn left so they made plans to see each other again today before the guys left last night.

Harry wakes him up at nine with breakfast in bed.
"You're so sweet Hazza. Seriously, you make me feel bad for not doing stuff like this for you."

"Don't feel bad! I'm celebrating you! Let me." Harry smiles sweetly.

"Fine but when this whole pre-thirty celebration is over I'm gonna spoil you." Louis says.

"Deal." Harry agrees. He has made breakfast for himself as well and sits down next to Louis to eat. They're balancing the tray between them.

When they are full Harry removes the tray and gets a big box from underneath the bed. Louis opens it and laughs when he looks inside.
"You don't think we have enough?"

"There can never be enough. It's a box of fun." Harry pouts.

"And we will have fun using this." Louis winks. He closes the box and puts it under the bed for later.

They get up and walk the dogs before they take a bath together and they get dressed. The boys show up at noon. They hug it out and take a seat in the living room.
"Anyone wants a beer? Wine? Drink?" Harry offers.

Liam holds up a hand.
" I'm sober again."

"Really? That's great lad. We're proud of you. Then we skip the alcohol. Soda?" Louis smiles.

"You can drink if you want to. It's fine." Liam protests.

"Solidarity, brother." Niall says and holds up a fist.

Liam decides to change the subject.
"So yesterday was fun. All five of us on stage again. I honestly never thought that would happen but Harry here has been very persistent."

"Tell me about it." Zayn snorts but he smiles.

"Well, I for one loved it. Thanks, guys. I really appreciate it. I've missed you. All of you." Louis grins.

"We've missed you too." Liam says.

"You're getting old Tommo!" Niall teases.

"I know." Louis grunts.

They decide to order pizza and watch a movie. Louis looks around and smiles. They're all spread out in the living room. It's just like the old days.
"So what do you think guys? Will we ever reunite?" He asks.

Zayn shrugs his shoulders. Harry looks hesitant. Liam smiles and Niall, well he eats pizza.
"Someday for sure. Styles is busy becoming a movie star. I can't believe you joined Marvel. That's so cool!" Liam says.

"I'm petrified." Harry replies.

"You're gonna do amazing. Proud husband moment." Louis coos.

"We're all proud!" Liam protests.

Niall has been flipping with the tv.
"Yeah? How about this?"

He has found their X-factor journey on Youtube. A unison grunt is heard in the room but they all watch.
"It's like a trainwreck. I can't look away." Louis complains.

"We were so tiny!" Harry smiles.

"Yeah." Niall agrees.

They watch and comment through the whole thing. Embarrassing laughs in between.
"We've come so far." Niall says dreamily when they have finished watching.

Zayn and Liam look at each other and then they both sing loudly.
"...from Princess park!"

They all burst out laughing.
"Hey! That's my line!" Louis pouts sassily.

They continue to talk and joke around. They order takeout for dinner as well and the boys stay until midnight. Niall offers to walk Clifford and Bruce and when they return the dogs fall asleep on the living room rug. Clifford snores.

It has been a perfect day.