Chapter 5: Greasy, Unhealthy Goodness

Bắt đầu từ đầu

But I knew that there was no way I would find any answers...

And if Dan knew the answers all this time, then maybe I wouldn't be able to forgive him either...

"I don't know." I answered honestly.

"What about Hunter?" She asked.

"I don't think he will even want me to forgive him." I told her. "I don't know why he suddenly started talking to me but I know that he will go back to ignoring me sooner or later." I shrugged.

"Umm... Liv?" Paige's nervousness made me look at her. "I think I've seen that car at school before." She said as she pointed to the car in the parking lot outside the diner we were going to.

I couldn't really focus on the car as my eyes went straight to the diner.

Burgers!

"So, what, Paige? Maybe someone from the school also wanted to eat late-night burgers!" I waved her off as I rushed inside the diner.

"Liv!" The old man behind the counter cheered when he saw me coming in.

Okay so the owner of the diner knew me by my name...

Can't a girl be known for her love of burgers and fries?!

"I want my burger, Papa Joe!" I grinned at the old man who was lovingly called 'Papa Joe' by everyone.

"Coming right up, little girl." He replied before turning to Paige.

"The same burger as her, Papa Joe." Paige answered, sounding a little nervous.

"You guys go and sit down, I'll bring your burgers in a jiffy." Papa Joe replied as he went to make magic.

I skipped to my favourite seat in the corner only to freeze when I saw who was sitting in my seat.

"What are you doing out here so late at night?" he asked me as if he was my father.

"I could ask you the same thing." I said. "And you're in my seat." I told him, crossing my arms.

"Olivia, what are you doing out so late?" Hunter asked again, ignoring my words.

"Waiting for my burger." I replied, sitting down in the seat in front of him with a sigh. "Paige!" I called out to her when I saw her standing at a distance.

"Can't we sit somewhere else?" Paige asked me.

"Nope!" I replied. "This is my seat." I told her.

"But he's already sitting there, Liv!" Paige whisper-yelled.

"He doesn't mind." I told her nonchalantly.

"Actually he does mind." Hunter told me.

"Then he can leave." I replied with a smile.

"Olivia." Hunter spoke in a low, warning tone.

"Hunter." I copied his deep voice.

"Why are you here so late at night?" He asked in a soft voice.

"Burger." I replied.

He looked at me for a while before relaxing back in his seat.

"I used to help you sneak out at night so that we could come here to have burgers whenever you felt down but didn't want to show it. Hunter said, a ghost of a smile playing on his lips.

"My friend used to do that. Not someone who never spoke to me or acted as if I didn't exist. Not someone who didn't tell me that one of my only friends was lying to me." I shot back.