Retelling the Story

Dear Journal,
                         The past few days have had some mighty strange events. Not only have I been kidnapped and forced to join a ship at sea, I've made new friends. Well enemies too but I'd rather not talk about that yet. I guess I'd better start from the beginning. I was in the pub, having my usual daily drink, when I met this sea captain. Tall man, quite strong for his age. Once I had my drink, some trouble started up between another drunk and the barkeep. I sorted it out real fast. I guess the sea captain saw something in me? I don't know. He gave me some kind advice before I had my drink. Once I had it, my memory started to fail on me. All I remember was getting knocked out by three men. Next I knew it I was in some room which was the property of a lass. You couldn't believe the panic I was in. I had many questions and when I found the answers, I couldn't believe it. I joined life at sea! I wasn't too happy with the Captain at first. Captain Arthur his name is. But once I knew he had good intentions, I had to forgive him. My life wasn't that much better at the farm anyway. My first task on ship was to climb up and handle the rigging. Though my fear of heights put that task to a stop before it began. This upset the person who gave me the task in the first place. He grabbed my ear and yelled at me. The Captain and the lass from before came to defend me. I can't thank them well enough. Though I do feel sorry for Craig. He was the one that grabbed my ear. What on earth made him so angry? Why is he like this? Can I make him less bitter? Sophie says she and the Captain think the same things everyday despite the insults thrown at Craigs direction. Oh yes, the lass's name is Sophie. She's quite sweet and caring. She's now blushing because she's the one writing this. Anyway, once I had be defending, Sophie decided to show me the ropes. Helped me get over my fear of heights a little. I had fun. Though she had to go help the surgeon soon after. Exhausted her, poor thing. I had to take her to go get food. It helped her gain more energy though, it didn't help with the sickness that plagued her soon after. The surgeon wasn't much help. He offered mad solutions that didn't apply to this situation. Luckily the day after, Sophie woke up. And that brings us up to date. Sophie was the one who told me to start a journal. She's writing it for me because I can't read and write. She's kind like that. Anyway that's enough for today.

                              Jack Boorman.