But it takes three days to get there, gasped Story. So that means he wants you to do it in four days?!

"Crazy, right?" I held the apple up and story ate the rest. "I bet it's cause of me," I sighed. "He thinks I can blink and kill ten people."

Can you?

I chewed on my lip, pondering if I really could. "No," I said slowly. "I don't believe I could. Maybe if they all had weak runes. Hmm. I'd most certainly would like to try, though," I laughed.

Yes, of course you would, chuckled Story, looking as if she was rolling her eyes at me.

"Did you just roll your eyes at me?" I gasped.

I'm a horse, cried out Story.

"Doesn't mean you can't roll your eyes," I chastised loudly.

Well I did no such-

"Don't you lie to me," I threatened playfully, pointing my finger at the giggling horse.

Okay fine, sighed Story. I rolled my eyes­-

"Ha!" I laughed. "I knew it. I win!"

I spun around to do a childish victory dance as Story giggled at my silliness and was met with two narrowed eyes, two blankly staring eyes, and six wide eyes.

The boys looked at me as they had when we first made introductions; concern mixed with confusion.

"Are you?" started Brynley, but stopped suddenly.

"Talking to your horse?" finished Toril.

I scoffed, thinking they were joking at first, but when their confusion only deepened, I turned to Kian.

"Have you told them anything?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

"They know the basics," grunted Kian in response.

"As in," I drawled.

"As in we know you steal runes," answered Jhestan, narrowing his eyes slightly. "And often kill people for profit."

"That I do," I chimed. "But is that also not what you do, also, being soldiers and all," I teased, making the soldiers wince slightly at my retort. I winked at Jhestan before saying, "I also have many other talents. One of which is I am able to get into to humans and animals minds in various ways and do an assortment of devious acts.

"My horse," I continued, petting Story's cheek softly, "has a talent also. She can access my mind since I can access hers. We can speak telepathically and she can understand us humans when we speak out loud."

"Ah, of course," mumbled Jhestan as he rubbed the bridge of his nose. "Right. Zyn."

"Yes, Captain," said the pale, tall boy with the stealth rune.

"Get some grub for us to eat tonight," ordered Jhestan.

"Yes sir," Zyn responded stoically.

"Oh!" I chimed before Zyn could slip off deeper into the trees. "Might I come? I can help," I offered.

Jhestan stuttered than looked between Kian, Zyn, and I, obviously unsure what the right answer should be. He regained his captain-like composure and stared daggers at me. "I don't think," Jhestan began, but I cut him off.

"Oh come on, Captain," I sang, creeping closer to Jhestan as I prowled along the walls of his mind. It was strong, just like himself, but there's always a crack in the walls of men who have experienced war. "You know I can sense souls, right? I know exactly where every animal is right now as we speak. Plus, I'm pretty handy with a dagger." I unsheathed my good dagger and waved it around, showing it off. I slipped into a crack in the burly man's mind and felt around a bit. Sensing that Jhestan was about to decline my request, I persuaded him a little.

His face tightened and his fists clenched. For a second I thought he was about to fight it, but then he blurted out, "Alright."

"Yay!" I squealed. Jhestan's eyes widened in surprise at his own answer and Kian flinched then quickly began to move toward me. "Let's go Zyn!"

I disappeared deeper into the forest before anyone could stop me. I didn't even wait to see if Zyn was following.

A.N.  Real quick to in case you're wondering. How you pronounce the names cause I was thinking that some of ya'll will be saying them wrong.

Laika: lie-kah

Kian: Kee-a(like how you say the letter)-n(like how you say the letter)

Jhestan: jeh-stan (basically, the h is silent)

Zyn: zie-n

Brynley: brin-lee

Toril: tore-ril

Cress: you say it how it's spelled haha.

Madoxia: mah-dox-ee-ah

Saar: sare. not too complicated either haha.

And I think you understand how to say Mercy haha XD