Part-11 The Silence

Start from the beginning

Getting no response from her, Shaan walked towards her to find her sobbing, holding a photo frame.

"Aastha..." Shaan put his hand on her shoulder sitting beside her

"Mujhe mera beta wapas chahiye..." Said Aastha while caressing the frame which has a photo of Shaurya and Aastha. His smile winced her heart.

Shaan took a deep breath and looked away.

"Mera beta to Kapurthala se wapas aaya hi nahi Shaan, jo aaya hai wo sirf Anokhi ka Shaurya hai" and she cried

Shaan circled his arm around her. He has nothing to console her.

"Tum uske sath aisa kyo kar rahe ho... mat kro aisa...wo tut jayega, wo itni nafrat nhi le sakta sabki" Aastha complained, Shaan stood up and headed towards the window

"Tum sirf apne bete ke bare me soch rhi ho...tumhe us ladki ka pain nhi dikhta?" Asked Shaan, He is not ready to forgive Shaurya.

"Mai... main Anokhi se bolungi ki use maaf kar de, I..I'll request her...wo man jayegi, wo man jayegi n Shaan?" It's a question, they both don't know the answer

"Tum Selfish ho rhi ho..."

"Ha main selfish ho rhi hu... apne bche ke liye to har maa selfish hoti hai, mujhe mera hasta muskurata beta wapas chahiye, mujhe mera whi Shaurya wapas chahiye"

He turned and held her shoulder.
"Aastha.... Aastha listen to me, tum aisa kuchh nhi krogi...give them time, tum Anokhi se kuchh nhi kahogi. Wo tumhari bohat respect karti hai, or maa bola hai to ban kr dikhao. Apne bete ke pyar me andha ho jana...tum to aisi nhi thi.."

"Mera beta bhi to aisa nhi tha n" She looked up with tears in her eyes

And Shaan hugged her, tightly.

It's been a month, what they are seeing is not the Shaurya they knew. He was not like that.
Now he keeps himself busy all the time, even after college time he stays in college and keeps himself busy with office work which Shaan used to do alone in Tej Shabbarwal's absence.
Even Shaan was shocked by his new avatar. he always wanted him to be responsible but now when the same is happening he is not happy at all. He is also missing his son who was full of life. But his anger does not let him show his feelings.

Shaurya used to come home late at night. He did not meet Anokhi. He hates himself for forcing her. Now he only wants her to be comfortable and be the same as before, even if it requires staying away from her forever.
Every day when he came home, he used to quietly go to her room and seeing her sleeping peacefully, a small smile spread on his face.

Somewhere, Shaurya was happy and relieved to see that at least Anokhi was coming closer to Aastha. Initially, it was very difficult for Aastha, Anokhi used to stay in her room and did not talk much but Aastha insisted her to come out. Anokhi feels good around her. She always gets emotional with this motherly affection of Aastha.

__________________

Her heart pounded faster and faster as she walked towards the door of his room.
For a moment she stared at the door with a racing heart.
She took a deep breath and for the first time, she stepped into his room, which is now theirs. He was not in the room. Of course he should be in college at this time of day and that's why she chooses to be here right now.

His room was quite large and had an attached balcony. She went towards the balcony and opened the glass door for fresh air. She was walking around the room. When her eyes fell on a photo frame on the bedside table.

She went and picked up the frame. It has two photos; There was a photo of Shaurya and when her eyes fell on the other photo, she startled at her place. Her heart stopped beating and a lump formed in her throat looking at the frame that contained her picture from the reception party.