"I could say the same to you, Eddie." Lyra replied, stepping in front of him.

Bella rolled her eyes as her best friend and husband bickered. Garrett leaned over to Emmett and whispered, "Are they always like this?"

Emmett grinned, "Kitten loves annoying the ever living shit out of Edward and Edward never fails to be bothered by it, making it ten times more entertaining for her."

Kate, growing annoyed by the bickering, touched the back of the bronze-haired vampire and the copper-haired banshee's necks, zapping them. Edward grunted in pain, falling to his knees as Lyra stumbled backwards, letting out a string of swear words. "We need to focus on the task at hand." Kate stated seriously.

Lyra sighed before giving Kate an apologetic smile, muttering a small 'sorry' before retreating back to Emmett's side.

Kate huffed slightly before turning back to Bella with a small smirk. "You seem to lack incentive." She taunted, "Shall I go see if Renesmee's awake?"

Bella stepped towards Kate, ready to attack if need be, "Are you crazy?"

Kate raised her hand, electricity sparking from her fingertips. "Alright. This one's on full power." Lyra had to stifle her laugh with her hand when she saw the pleading look on Edward's face.

Bella projected her shield just enough to cover Edward as Kate touched his arm. Edward looked at Bella and smiled, "It's painful, but it's bearable."

Bella grinned at that, "Okay, we should go again."

Edward stepped aside, "Emmett?"

"I'm good."

Edward smirked slightly, "Lyra?"

Lyra raised a brow at Edward, who merely smirked in reply. He was challenging her.

She stepped forward and stood in front of Kate. "I'm trusting you, Bella." She warned, "If you fuck this up, I'm going to blast you to the other end of the forest." With that, the banshee reached out her hand and allowed Kate to grab her wrist. She felt a painful buzz ripple over where her skin made contact with Kate, but, like Edward said, it was bearable. She let out a small sigh of relief and turned to smile at Bella as Kate released her wrist.

Lyra turned her smile to Emmett, knowing that he was worried that she was hurt. 'I'm fine.' She mouthed and she watched as Emmett visibly relaxed. She smiled softly. He really cared a lot about her.

***

"I'm surprised you guys took a break from Jedi training for this." Jacob said from the passenger seat as Bella sped down the road and Lyra sat in the back seat beside Renesmee.

"If we don't take Renesmee to my dad, he'll come to us." Bella told the wolf with a fond smile, "Twenty-eight vampires, one human not so great. Not so great."

"I know that's what you told Edward." Jacob suggested, knowing Bella had to have another reason, "Whatever the reason, I'm glad I'm getting a break from all those reeking bloodsuckers."

Bella glared at Jacob while Lyra let out a short breathy laugh and smacked his arm, "Be nice."

Jacob rolled his eyes. "I know, I'm sorry. They're the good guys." He said in a mocking tone, "But seriously, Dracula One and Two are creepy." After this comment, he and Lyra shared a laugh while Bella smiled.

Lyra pulled up to her old home, Renesmee was out of the car before it even stopped. Jeremy, Michael, Charlie, Sue, and Eris came outside, welcoming them with big smiles before Charlie picked up Renesmee. Charlie spun Renesmee around, "Look at you! You've grown like half a foot. Seriously. Six inches." He looked at Sue in disbelief, and all she could do was pat him on the back.