26 | remnant

| (first name) |

"where did you get this mirror?" xiao asked you as he was looking around the room,

"the traveller gave it to me," you replied to him as he inspected the small mirror once more,

"can you be a little more specific?" xiao asked you as he handed you the mirror,

"ah, traveller said he got it from barbatos, you know, the god of freedom." you mentioned as you held the mirror close to your palms.

"i see. it must be a magic trinket." was xiao's only response.

it has been awhile since you've seen circe from the mirror. it was one of the bittersweet goodbyes you were thankful enough to have before leaving the earthly world.

"you look disappointed." xiao commented as he found you staring at the mirror for too long.

"i guess you could say i am." you replied to him.

"it wasn't that hard to figure out, your face is very expressive." he said once more before pointing to the mirror.

"so why are you dismayed?" he asked as you clutched over to the mirror again.

"this mirror helps you see someone your heart longs peace for." you explained, "i've saw circe immediately after the traveller gave it to me."

"i finally.. properly said good bye."

xiao gently pats your shoulder and gives you a warm expression, "then why are you disappointed now?"

"it's because i'm waiting to see one more."

"one more so my heart can finally feel at peace too,"

"..is it your brother?" xiao asked as he looked over the small mirror you were holding.

"yue is a really nice boy.. it makes me wonder.. does he hate me?"

"does he not want to make peace with me?"

"or maybe.. even with this magic device.. maybe be wouldn't want to see me.."

"tell me, (first name)." xiao suddenly blurted out,

you gave him a look and wondered why, he was waiting for you fixate your attention all to him.

"look at me,"

"and only at me." xiao said as your eyes both met. not parting at each other's gaze.

"are you happy?" xiao asked as you put down the mirror by your side.

"..the happiest i've ever been." you mumbled out.

"to be able to have a companion.. and to be able to feel warmth despite the cold.."

"..it is the happiest i've ever been.. it's like finding a home after being left wandering for so long,"

"my heart.. finally feels at ease."

"then you have your answer." xiao gently smiles at you.

"your brother would want nothing but your happiness."

you continued to lock your gaze with the adeptus as you came into conclusion that— he was right.

yue.. would want nothing but your happiness.

"i still wish to see him in this mirror," you mumbled out before putting the small trinket away.

"but for now, i think we have more pressing matters to fix." you told xiao once more.

he sat down next to you and asked, "what?"

"do you know anybody in liyue named master hu?"

"..the hu lineage of the wangshen funeral parlor?" xiao questioned you.

"yes! that one!" you smiled at him.

"do you have any connections with the hu family?"

"if he's still alive.. then i guess i do have a connection with them." you told him as xiao cocked an eyebrow.

"he?" xiao emphasized the word.

"after i met the traveller's sibling, i've wondered around liyue for quite sometime."

"master hu and i met when i got lost in dunyu ruins."

"before i went to chant that spell to make a deal, i met the funeral director many years ago. i told him about my tale and he provided me many trivial things for survival. he was a true friend.."

"though i doubt that he is still alive.. humans do not live that long.." you explained to xiao as he seemed relieved.

"the wangshen funeral parlor is still in business. you must be talking about the last director." xiao told you as you listened to his words.

'the last.. i guess he's gone,' you thought to yourself.

"a young lady seems to be handling their current business. if you wish to meet with her, i would gladly accompany you,"

"really? you'd do that for me?" you grinned at him happily as he looked away, his ears were turning red as he avoided eye contact with you.

"..it's not a big deal.. of course i can accompany you.." xiao quietly said.

"then can we go right now?"

"of course," xiao said as he offered you his hand.

you took on his offer as he quickly transported the both of you outside.

in a flash you were already in liyue harbor.

somehow the air felt a lot more colder than it usually was.

holding out your hand towards the empty space, small, cold droplets makes contact within your touch.

"it's snowing.." you mouthed out.

xiao couldn't help but look over the falling snow. "..this soon?"

he knew too well that once the snow stops falling— your time with him will slowly wither away.

"that's why i was feeling much more colder," you laughed in a desperate attempt to lighten up the mood.

yet xiao continued to look at the falling snow as if he was trying to make a deal with them.

"xiao, are you okay?" you finally asked him

"i wish it never stops snowing,"

×