24 | well

two days after (first name) woke up

| (first name) |

"you have a visitor," xiao mentioned as you sat up from the bed,

"who is it?" you asked him as you saw golden yellow hair sticking out from xiao's back.

"it's us!" paimon yelled out as she hurried her way inside, "when we found out that you've fell into a strange slumber, we rushed out of monstadt as soon as we could!" she followed as aether waved at you.

"there were a few stopovers, but we got you medicinal herbs from monstadt," aether mentioned as he placed a basket of wolfberries and cecillas over the side table.

"thank you for visiting, but i am already fine, i am very well taken care of," you told him as he looked relieved.

xiao was standing by the door as aether looked over him, xiao nodded as he went outside after, while paimon followed him outside.

"you two must've spoke about something," you told aether as he gave you a smile.

"i want to ask about my sister.. i'm sorry of this is a bad time," aether mumbles out as he looked a bit ashamed that he's asking for something personal when you're still unwell.

"i do not mind if you ask such. after falling into a deep slumber, i've remembered some locked memories."

"i feel like i could answer them,"

"you lived for so long, have you?" aether stressed out as you nodded,

"are you also immortal?" he asked while holding his palms together,

"no," you gave him a short reply.

"the only reason i am still here is that i have yet to reach my purpose."

"your purpose?"

"i was blessed with a life longer than others,"

"the reason for it is because i live to elevate something or someone else's problems." you explained,

"i see," aether mumbled. "i understand the point of living to solve someone else's pain,"

"the agony of going to complete hell to find your purpose sounds like a desperate attempt for suffering." aether spoke out, "yet here we are, living the same destiny."

"i just want to find my sister," aether sadly tells you as you placed your hand over his,

"your sister is already by the end of her journey.."

"how are you so sure?"

"because it is your turn to see your journey's end."

"the first time i opened my eyes was to stare towards a pair of golden orbs like yours."

"i woke up by huaguang stone forest, i followed your sister around after she broke me free from the crystal."

"if you roam deeper within the bottom of the forest, you'll eventually find an old carved note from her." you told him as his eyes immediately lit up, "they're everywhere there, very scattered too,"

"i followed her before she was set to wander a new land."

"but everywhere she went, she carved out something for you,"

"no matter how much you suffer now.. or how much you think she isn't waiting for you anymore."

"i've seen how she was always leading you back."