8 | parallel

| (first name) |

"xiao?" you yelled out, "may i come along your ventures today?" you asked out in thin air.

"no." a voice from behind said, and obviously it was xiao.

"why not?" you asked him.

"because i'm not going anywhere. i'm staying here with you." he said as he sat on the bed.

"ah i see."

"come." he said as he patted the bed, signalling you to sit beside him.

"what are we doing?" you asked once more

"i need you to sleep with me."

"sur— wait huh?" you suddenly gasped and tightly hugged your upper body frame.

xiao looked at you with a raise brow, "i need to look into your old memories with that old demon." he told you.

"oh."

"but he was dispersed. what else do you need to know about him?" you said and sat beside him.

"i need to know what sort of curse you absorbed.."

"in order to live this long." xiao said as he huffed a big breath and sighed.

"i'll leave quietly, don't worry."

"as an adepti, that makes me worry even more." he snorted.

"the same procedure as before, mortal—" you cut him off

"(first name)."

"it's (first name), adeptus xiao."

"..fine, the same procedure as before, (first name)." he said as he gave emphasis on your name.

"now lie down." he said once more.

"but."

"but?" he raised a brow.

"i'm not sleepy yet.." you mumbled

"you're acting difficult." he said as he grabbed your hand.

"can't we do it while i'm awake?"

"then whats the point of looking into your dreams when you're not dreaming?" xiao said while crossing his arms.

"uhh.. do something fun with me, then ill sleep." you tried negotiating

"an adeptus doesn't have time for fun."

"our contract states that you'll need to accompany me for four months." you told him as you raised 4 fingers,

"yes, and?"

"and now.."

"i want you to accompany me.."

"to have fun!"

| xiao |

"don't stray far." i told her as we went out to venture liyue harbor.

i can't believe i got myself dragged out , forcefully.

"xiao, can we have lunch now?" she asked as she dangled around my arm.

luckily there was a nearby restaurant from the place we were walking by.

"wanmin is around the corner,"

"i heard they have good food here." i told her as her eyes shined bright.

"order anything you want. ill place a tab back at the inn." i said once more.

"are you sure?" she said as she was already browsing the menu.

"an adepti does not break his word."

"then ill have chilli chicken and a mint salad!" she happily told the chef in charge.

"excellent choice, ma'am! how about the young sir?"

'young?' i thought to myself.

"almond tofu would suffice." i said.

"alright, coming right up." the chef said and went on to cook our orders.

"you ordered dessert? are you not hungry?" she asked

"i don't want to eat anything else."

"oh so you like soft things!" she exclaimed.

"no. its just.. almond tofu tastes like a fond dream." i explained but she only  stared at me, dazed.

"here are your orders!" the chef loudly told us then placed our food infront, "thank you!!" (first name) replied.

"i'll eat well." she said while facing me before munching down her food.

she looks like.. a squirrel stuffing her cheeks with food.

| (first name) |

"it's been awhile since i tasted good food!" you told xiao as you gave the chef a thumbs up.

though you noticed that his almond tofu was barely touched.

"can i have a taste?" you asked as xiao only nodded.

"ah! its as soft as a cloud!" you exaggerated. you took another spoonful then suddenly shoved it to xiao's mouth.

"eat more." you plainly said as xiao was completely caught off guard

his ears turned visibly red as he mouthed the words, "y-you! you have no respect for the adepti!"

with that he suddenly stood up and turned away from you.

"oh no. im sorry.. uh.." was all you could manage to say as you didn't expect him to be that flustered.

"give me a moment." he said, still looking away.

"hey look, i apologize for what i did, i didn't mean to surprise you like that—" you cut off your sentences as you saw a familiar silhouette.

blond with golden eyes..

you suddenly went towards the overly familiar figure.

"wait mortal, where are you going?" xiao suddenly said as he started walking towards you.

"i think.."

"i think i know them." you said and pointed to the figure.

"who?" xiao asked as he stared at the direction you were pointing at

you looked back at xiao, and saw he had a surprised reaction, "what's wrong?" you asked him

"aether?"

×