| chapter eleven |

Carrying my soulmate in my arms, I walked into the Cullen home, forgetting any of my manners, especially when my mate looked so frail and ill

Carrying my soulmate in my arms, I walked into the Cullen home, forgetting any of my manners, especially when my mate looked so frail and ill. I didn't give any of them time to argue with me before whisking my girl away.

Sitting here on the couch, I sat beside her as I cupped her face in my hands and my eyes filled with venom. "Oh god, what have I done?" I sobbed as Rose gave me a weak smile as her hands held onto mine. "I didn't know. I promise I didn't."

Pressing kisses into her hand, I continued to grovel for forgiveness as I noticed the gray color was beginning to seep out of her skin the longer I was holding her. It was like her soul was starting to heal after everything I had put it through.

"Geneviève," A familiar voice calls behind me. Still, I don't turn around to acknowledge my Coven, not when my priority was sitting in front of my eyeing my bright red ruby eyes with concern.

I had to make things right.

I would follow Rosalie to the ends of this earth and grovel at her feet if she wished for it.

"What happened? Alice tried to pinpoint her, but she couldn't. We thought she might have been-" Esme began until Rosalie let out a slight hiccup, and I knew what she thought had happened.

I felt even worse now, knowing that my love believed me to be dead.

Their footsteps trailed away, but it was more of a formality than anything in a house filled with vampires. Privacy was non-existent when you could hear everything, especially in Edward's case.

"We had no idea what happened. We found her on the edge of our property covered in blood," Juliette explained with a motherly tone that rivalled Esme's. I had a feeling that the two matriarchs were going to get along amazingly.

"Yes, it appears that the accidental rejection of their bond had two opposite effects on them," Henry mused as I continued to watch over Rosalie. "It seems whereas Rosalie began to emaciate, Geneviève's hunger grew to a level that was uncontrollable."

My eyes lowered from my mates. I knew she never had drunk nor wanted to drink from a human, and yet here was the person, the other half of her soul, gorging themselves on the blood of innocent beings.

"It's okay," she whispered to me gently as she began to pull her towards me. Her strength seemed to be returning, as is the golden hue to her hair. If I breathed, I might have let out a sigh of relief seeing the smile on her lips, the small beauty mark shifting as her mouth turned up.

"I still hurt you" my french accent came out thicker with the more grief I felt. "I burned you, Mon amour. I won't forgive myself for that." Rosalie tried to argue with me, but I shook my head defiantly. "You don't understand. My 'gift' has a way of hurting or taking away everything thing that I love".

My soulmate took my hands into hers as she looked into my eyes with the sincerest gaze I had ever seen on her. "Then help me to understand more" I know I told her the basics of my human life, but I've never gotten into the details of what happened during the start of my vampire life.