Chapter-40

ᴀ ɢᴜʏ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ꜱʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴡᴇᴀʀ ᴀ ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ
ɪᴛ'ꜱ ᴅᴀɴɢᴇʀᴏᴜꜱ, ɪ'ᴍ ꜰᴀʟʟɪɴɢ
........

I think Rome and I broke up.

"Start explaining." I said, narrowing my eyes. Did I hear him right?

"We were talking about how less we were spending time with each other and it turned into an argument, he started talking about how he rushed into one relationship from another which made me mad and we said things about each other's profession which we didn't mean-"

"Seriously? You both had to stoop that low?" I interrupted.

"He said 'he's more famous than me anyway'!" He said, by his tone I could tell he was high-key offended.

"That's a fact, who asked you to start talking about popularity you dumbfuck?" I asked. He looked like he was ready to pounce anytime soon but was controlling himself because of his brother who was sitting beside me.

"How do you know I started that topic?" He asked in a low voice.

"Ofcourse you're Chase's brother, both of you are dumb as fuck!" I said.

"Excuse me?" Both of them said at the same time. Creeps.

"I'm adopted." Chase said, rolling his eyes, making us all go silent. I guess none of us were expecting him to say that, even Chase himself.

Caden cleared his throat. "Anyways." He started, clearing his throat once more, making it more dramatic. "He left the house two hours ago, I waited but he didn't come back. That's why I came here, to see if he visited you but.." He trailed off.

"I see..you stay here for tonight." I said, pointing my finger at him and taking out the car keys from Chase's pocket. "I'm going to see Rome." I said, giving them both a peace sign.

"How do you know where he is?" Caden asked.

"What am I to him?" I asked.

"His bestie?" He said or more like asked.

"Yeah, I know everything. Stop asking stupid questions, learn something from my boyfriend." I told him.

"She's rubbing salt into my wounds." He cried, jumping at Chase.

"Bye." I said, walking out. By the time I was inside the elevator, I realised I forgot my wearing shoes. I'm not going back.

Before going to Rome, I got us some burgers because when is not the occasion to have burgers?

After getting my order, I drove to the place we first met at. Looking at the bench, which wasn't empty like the first time I ever saw it. I realise how stupid I was to befriend an unknown man at that time of the night, I even let him walk me to my house but I guess atleast for once my stupidity got me something good right?

"It's a man, isn't it?" I asked, making him chuckle. Those were the first words he said to me, on this same bench. Look how tables have turned.

"How'd you know?" He asked, recreating the original conversation.

"Wild guess." I bumped my shoulder with his. "Whoever he is, you both deserve each other so much. These petty fights happen, doesn't mean you have to walk out." I said.

"I did it for the dramatic effect, I was going back then this ego came in between." He replied, looking down. "God knows how sorry I am." He said.

"That doesn't matter, God isn't going to magically let Caden know. Tell that to Caden, how sorry you are. You both need to apologise." I pointed out.