"aight, then. can i take it now?"

fuck, why did i say that?

now he probably thinks i'm some kind of shameless bitch who'd do anything for money. but hey, i've been a big help to him so it's totally fair, and totally nothing to be ashamed of.

"very well. on one condition."

as he said that, keisuke and his homies simultaneously sprinted towards me- leaning their ears toward the phone. brows furrowed as they waited for his response.

"what's it?" i gulped. mr. ran's tone was rather demanding compared to earlier.

"if you promise to bring my brother back right before the end of the month, i will hand you the reward."

"and if i fail to hand him over?"

"i'll kill you."

~

the cold breeze greeted my skin as i silently wandered through the place where i'm supposed to meet mr. ran.

noises from food wrappers inside my bag were the only thing that's currently keeping me sane. if it weren't for the spine-chilling ambience surrounding me, i would now be shouting mr. ran's name repeatedly until he fucking shows up because for fuck's sake, i fucking hate waiting.

i already spent 12 minutes traveling from tokyo to roppongi. i spent 20 minutes looking for something to eat and drink on a random convenience store. i spent 15 minutes desperately searching for somewhere to sit, be it a bench or an outside stair. and now it's been 30 fucking minutes and that mafia wannabe bitch is still not showing up.

regardless, if it's money we're talking about, maybe i can wait a little longer.

"holy fuck." i almost spilled my (drink of choice) when my phone rang.

"y/n? where you at?"

"mr. ran? i'm at the alleyway you instructed me to go. how 'bout you?"

"behind you."

"shit!"

oh, great. i spilled my drink for real.

now, standing in front of me is a lanky tall silhouette of a- woman?!

"s-sir... ma'am? uh..."

why am i always surrounded by gender envy-triggering men?

he let out a small, soothing chuckle before placing his arm on his right hip- maintaining a direct, charming eye contact.

"don't tell me you're intimidated or something. relax, and oh, you may drop the mr., it's for old men only. call me ran." he casually spoke, twirling his distinct pigtail braids which is rather a weird preference for a guy with long hair.

examining his figure, he's almost the same height as that piece of skunk, more or less.

prominent lavender eyes and thick, straight brows.

i must say, they do resemble each other. must be nice to have such genes.

"hey."

i was immediately snapped back to reality.

"yeah? oh, right. the money." i let out an awkward chuckle while he maintained a stoic expression.

"not so fast, missy. i'm gonna have to discuss a few things before handing you the reward."

i forced a respecful nod, hoping this discussion won't take a fucking century to finish.

he was about to start his uninteresting lecture when i noticed a blurry silhouette behind him.

we were too slow to react as it immediately smacked ran... on the fucking head!

blood spilled all over his temple as he instantly fell down, leaving me speechless.

the figure stepped forward towards me, allowing its face to be hit by a streetlight.

with no second being spared, it grabbed my hand, leaving ran lying on the ground.

"why were you with him?" it spoke between deep, heavy breaths as we continued to run.

that voice.

"let go of me you filth- what the fuck? randou?!" i forcefully held back my arms, stopping ourselves from running like we're in a goddamn movie or something.

he let out an annoyed grunt before facing me with an eyeroll. when i tell you, this motherfucker right here is always on his period.

"you owe me for saving you again, woman. what the hell were you doing with him?"

great. i most certainly cannot tell him the fact that me and ran were literally just talking about him, nor the fact that he is actually getting traded for some heck load of money.

should i tell him that we were on a date? no. i don't wanna get involved in their fucked up sibling-or-whatsoever situation right now.

"i decided to take a stroll here and happened to pass by him. now what the fuck was your problem and you smacked him on the head?!"

of course i know the reason. he didn't want to get kidnapped by his beloved brother.

"that guy's dangerous. you should've just avoided him, given the fact that he's a total stranger who randomly approached you. if i wasn't there, you and your weak ass would've been dead meat by now."

i was about to yell at him again when rain suddenly poured from above, causing myself to flinch from the sudden coldness.

"oh, look. your voice is so ugly it literally rained."

he scoffed before forcibly grabbing my pulse as we went straight under the ceiling of a random building to prevent ourselves from getting wet.

silence.

oh, great. guess i'll have to endure this awkward tension enveloping the two of us while waiting for the goddamn rain to stop.

thank goodness i still have snacks in my pockets. fuck that skunk beside me, he ain't getting one of these.

"ahem. remember when i gave you my chocolate drink?" randou finally spoke.

"and what about it?"

"you owe me a snack. give me one."

________________________

don't forget to vote and comment. mwah  - randou