Ava: Not much better, but the doctors say I'm better internally and will totally recover from this. Not going to die any time soon.

   Amy felt so relieved hearing that from her mother's mouth. Part of the nightmare was finally over.

Ava: I'm so sorry for lying and for being so absent in the last months or actually since Harry and I were separated. I know I've always worked too much and that I've been a horrible mother. But I promise this is about to change, sweetie. I promise I'm going to be better.

Ava said while trying to hold back the tears. Amy was also almost crying, but she didn't want to seem weak or emotional.

Amy: It's okay, Mummy. I'm going to be better, too.

   Amy leaned in and carefully hugged her mum, trying not to hurt her.

Ava: I love you so much, Amy.

[...]

Harry: Hey, honey. How were things at the hospital?

Amy: Nice. Mummy's going to be great.

Harry: I'm happy to hear this. Meghan and I were about to have some tea. Will you join us?

Amy: I've just had a snack at the hospital. Thanks.

Harry: No problem.

Meghan: Harry... tell her.

Amy: What?

Harry: Before you go into your room, we need to tell you something. I forgot your cell phone at the bathroom and it ended up getting really wet at the sink. I'm sorry, I'm afraid it doesn't work anymore.

Amy: What? I can't believe it! Pa! Why on earth would you let my cell phone on the bathroom?!

Harry: I forgot it! I was going to let it at one of the cabinets there, but ended up forgetting it. And then Meghan went to the bathroom and accidentally dropped it on the sink.

Amy: So that was her ruining my phone?! Really? I didn't have a back up of any of my messages, pictures or notes there! Thanks, Pa. You just ruined the rest of my year! Now excuse me.

Meghan: I told you she'd be mad.

Harry: Sorry. I shouldn't have said you were the one to ruin her phone.

Meghan: That's okay now. But she will need a new one.

Harry: Yeah. She was already using an old iPhone Kate gave her, so it's more than time she gets a new phone. I'm going to give it to her on Christmas. By the way, Granny has invited you to Sandringham, even if we're not married yet.

Meghan: I feel so honoured. Can't wait to join you and your family, H.

[...]

Amy: Can you believe this?

Kate: It was an accident, pearl.

Amy: It doesn't matter. He was irresponsible for leaving it at the bathroom and even more for taking it away from me for pure vanity.

Kate: If you want, you could have your uncle's old phone.

Amy: No, I'm making him buy one for me. I can't believe I lost everything on the phone. Life is horrible right now.

Sam: I'm totally on your side, brat. Harry must face consequences.

Amy: I think he's engaged to Meghan.

Amy commented and Sam and Kate looked at each other, already knowing it's true.

Sam: What makes you think that?

Amy: First they renewed Apartment 1 here, which is way bigger. Couldn't it be a gift from Granny? But we ended up going back to the cottage... so I guess Pa's grounded. And then I heard she's joining us on Sandringham. They're definitely getting married and I'm so sure it's going to be a mess for me.

Kate: You should ask your father, then.

Amy: Definitely not. The more he hides it from me, the more I can be mad at him.

Kate: Sam, she's definitely your "mini me". Such a vengeful kid.

Sam: God knew what he was doing when he gave me this niece.

Amy: They're probably having kids soon. Meghan's already old.

Kate: Hey! I'm just months younger than her.

Amy: But you're on your third kid, Aunt. She doesn't have any yet. I don't want siblings.

Kate: Why not?

Amy: They'll have what I never got to have. Not having to hide from the whole world. Probably two parents not trying to kill themselves. And if Papa has already put me aside for his girlfriend, can you imagine it with a new baby?

Kate: You're such a pessimist. Harry's been making many mistakes, but he loves you more than anything on this world and would never replace you. Besides, don't you love your cousins?

Amy: Yes, but you and Uncle William have never let me down. I've been playing third wheel for you ever since I was born and you've never made me feel like I was your second option.

Sam: You're the best third wheel ever, Amelia.

Amy: Can't you guys just adopt me? I'm sure Mummy would be more than happy to share custody with you and Uncle William.

Kate: Don't think the Queen would agree on this.

   Kate joked and laughed.

[...]

Notes from the author:

Sorry for being away for so long. I was having a writer's block and still are, honestly. Hope you haven't all given up on me 💔

Feel free to give suggestions. I'm accepting absolutely everything right now haha