Christmas Eve | Chapter 20

Start from the beginning

Noelle: Well, I don't mind you saying it, but to some people it might be cringe.

Octavius: Right and cringe is a bad thing?

Noelle: Well, it depends, if you're making fun of something for being cringe then it's funny, but if you say or do cringe things then everyone will find you weird.

Octavius: Got it, don't be cringe. And don't worry, you won't be alone, I will be the great mistletoe teleporter! in front of your crush? no problem, just give me a sign and i'll teleport one in!

Noelle: Thanks! and i'm sure you'll to a great job!

Octavius: Wait is everyone going to be there? like the whole town?

Noelle: I imagine so! seeing as it's a very important holiday to this town.

Octavius: Hmm, I wonder if Asriel will be here, it would be nice to see him again. Wait, are people going to be in costumes? like that one holiday in October?

Noelle: Well everyone will be wearing their Christmas clothes, like sweaters or suits or dresses.

Octavius: Is that big fat man going to be here? like the one who gives coal and presents?

Noelle: It's just a guy dressed up as Santa, but last year something went wrong and now the person who usually does it doesn't want to.

Octavius: Do you believe in this Santa person?

Noelle: Not anymore, but I used to! but lots of others kids do!

Octavius: Hmm, I have a plan, but it's a surprise!

Noelle: You're going to dress up as Santa, aren't you?

Octavius: Shhhh, don't want anyone finding out.

Noelle: Then it's a deal, I don't tell anyone about you being Santa and you will teleport the mistletoe above me and Susie.

Octavius: Deal! pleasure doing business with you.

Susie (In the distance): What the hell!

Noelle: She's coming, don't say anything about it.

Octavius: I won't, I know how to keep secrets.

Susie ran over to them and just looked at the big tree towering over them.

Susie: The hell did you do!?

Octavius: Made it bigger, it was too small.

Susie: It's going to fall over!

Octavius: No it won't, i've time locked it.

Noelle: What does that mean?

Octavius: Time listens to me, so if I tell it to stop it'll stop, but if I tell it to go it'll go. I've just time locked the area around the tree so everything in it's area will be stopped in time while the rest of time continues.

Susie: Can't you dumb it down?

Octavius: Oh, right. I stop time on the tree so that stops it interacting with the world, like the wind.

Noelle: Oh now I get it, wait you can pause time?

Octavius: Yep!

Noelle: Cool! Susie are you going to be here for the party tomorrow?

Susie: Heck yeah I am!

Octavius: Hmm, you're not going to under age drink are you?

Susie: W-what!? n-no! why would I do that?

Octavius: Seems like something you would do, well i'm going to keep an eye on you.

Susie: Hmpf! fine, i'll try my best not to. It's snowing as well!