(31) Be Considerate of Others

Owen || Cassidy

I'm sure you are wondering why I did not answer your call earlier today.

More like why you hung up on me and didn't even let me leave a voice message.

Sorry, I knew you wouldn't be happy with that.

Yeah, you know that I love voice messages. I love being able to hear someone's voice as I want to hear it. I love things like that. Sentimental things like that are like the one thing I enjoy the most. I thought I told you?

Also, I thought you would have liked it too.

I'm still sorry though, for not allowing you to do a thing you love. And thank you for your consideration. I would be happy to hear your voice again too.

Thank you. Just please remember that for the future.

Oooh, does that mean you will still stick around with me?

I didn't see why not until you said that.

Why?

I don't really know. Except that doesn't really seem like something you'd say. But if it is, then I will look forwards to learning more.

It's okay. I was kind of joking.

Kind of?

Yeah, because first off it was a joke, but then I realized I liked what you said about looking forwards to learning more. So I just let it be.

Ah. I think I see it now. I will - as you said - "stick around with you" only if you do talk on the phone with me.

I bet you want to know why I didn't let you leave a voice message.

Yes, have been for a while.

No attitude please... But it's because I - I know this is selfish - wanted to know more about the rumors from Ashley and Lindsey. I want to know why you still say some are true.

Okay, sorry. I do see where you're coming from. I understand. But can we talk about this tomorrow? I want to spend a whole day on this, and not just a few hours. Plus I am still kind of mad at you for earlier today.

Sure. It is totally fine with me. I completely understand where you are coming from. Except can we not keep pushing this back anymore? I've been waiting since I first heard about these rumors. A few months ago.

Why haven't you asked before? Why wait now to mention it?

I wasn't quite positive that you were ready to talk about it. Also, I didn't think we knew each other well enough.

I understand. Thank you for your consideration. But now I am starting to feel ready to talk about this. So tomorrow, for sure. I won't keep pushing it back anymore. I promise.

Speaking of which, tell me more about the one thing you love the most.

Umm, I think I am good.

Why? Please? Please tell meeeeeeeeee.........

No, I'm not going to because you will either laugh at me or ignore me for a while.

Fine, I won't push you to say it. But remember, I will be waiting to hear about this. No matter how long it will take. I will wait forever if I have to do so. Because I am looking to "stick around with you" for a while.