chapter 8: Him

1991

Yip one whole year since i last seen kurt it still hurts thinking about our memories. i heard their band got big after their song i think it was 'smells like teen spirit' i do not know. oh and you know what hurts even more finding out that kurt has a girlfriend for a year. so he didn't even mean what he said because for me when 2 months were passing by i wasn't in a relationship hell i wasn't even crushing on anybody i was working my ass off to pay rent but you know what i dont even care.

When i got to work emily was there and no i didn't fire her she's now my so called best friend. i did what i do every morning check the bills and the money of the cafe then clean the tables then its open for business baby.

All that the radio played was smells like teen spirit and it got so annoying!! "hey jules you okay? helllooo jules? julia jessica rose!" Emily said loudly." Jeez sorry mom what did i do wrong today." I laughed.. "Are you ok?." "Yeah im ok emily why?" "you just seem off" she answered. "well, thank you but im just tired."

Just when i said that the door bell rang and people came and sat down. "Carry on i will go and be their waitress." emily said to me. i didn't even bother looking up to see who it was sitting down i just said thanks and kept on counting." Hi what can i get you today?" "just 3 coffee's and one water." "ok will that be it?" 'yip,' they answered.

Then the door bell rang again and i just guessed it was my turn. i sighed and wrote the total i have so far on a piece of paper so i wont lose track. "hi how may i help you?" Oh how lovely 2 couples with a fine boy my age and a 1 year old girl. "Hi , can I please have, 3 coffees and 1 orange juice please." "Yes of course, will that be all?" "yes thank you!"
" not a problem" I said smiling as i made my way back to collect the customer's order my eyes met a familiar blue eyed boy.

I look up. it was him

Why is he in here..

My eyes water, my chest tightens up

I can't breath.

My vision starts to get blurry.

I make my way to the counter try to forget the tension me and Kurt just shared a few seconds ago.. What is he doing here in my Cafe?

Did he know where I was? Did he know it was me? Ugh who am I kidding, of course he knows it was me, I'm such a fool.

I gazed their way.. Seeing him with his arms around the blond haired girl. It felt like someone had just stabbed me from behind.. I feel betrayed, worthless.. I know it had almost been a year and he is practically now a living star with millions of money.

She was so pretty.. Her pail skin, with her red lipstick.. Very lipstick, and she looked tall.. She looked prettier than me..

Maybe he will be happier with her than he was with me. C'mon be real jules. Of course he had moved on.

I got the drinks and made my way to the table. As I walk I can feel someone staring at me. It makes me feel so uncomfortable. Look I am happy for him, but why is he here? To prove a point that he is moved on? Because that is just fuck up.

" Here are your drinks.. Are you ready to order?" I asked getting out the order book. " Yes, can I just please have 4 regulars?" The old man asked. "Of course" I said writing the order down.

I seriously can't wait for this day to end.