Chapter 77 - It Is Only Painful When One Is on the Receiving End (2)

Li XinYun was so upset that her face was beet red. "So that was the reason that he treats Jiang YaGe better than he does me?"

Did he think of Jiang YaGe as more his daughter than she was?

Li XinYun severed all of her father-daughter ties with Li WangJin at the very moment in time. She held her head up high to stop her tears from rolling down her cheeks. He was not worth her tears. But she was still angry and upset. Very angry!

Then, she recalled her brother who had not once visited them ever since he had fallen in love with Jiang YaGe. He didn't even send her so much as a text on her birthday.

The father and son were now dead to her.

Fang JunRong comforted her for a little bit longer. "It's alright. We don't care about the painting. Let me use this to get more cash from your dad. The market price of that painting is at least 2 million yuan and up."

It wasn't that Fang JunRong needed the money, but that she knew that Li WangJin was short of cash lately – unless he sold more of his company shares. This month would doubtless be like cutting flesh off of him. Every time she saw him being unhappy made her happy.

Alternatively, she could just let words out about this event, but she didn't want to do that. XinYun was, after all, his daughter. When others spoke of Li WangJin negatively, XinYun wouldn't be able to stay out of it altogether. She treasured her daughter and couldn't allow a piece of sh*t to be stuck onto her.

She squinted a little. She could, however, encourage others to appreciate Li WangJin's collections and preferably have a few experts of antiques in there to help along in exposing him.

***

Li WangJin talked and talked. He spent a lot of time getting the painting back from Li XinYun. Then, he had to give her 2 million yuan shopping money for her birthday. He felt extremely mistreated when he handed the money over.

He started to realize that Fang JunRong had changed a lot from how he remembered her since the divorce. She was even more aggressive than before, as though she truly didn't love him anymore.

He never should have sent over that painting for the purpose of saving some money. Now he was out of pocket even more. What made him worry even more was whether XinYun noticed that something was wrong with the painting.

No, probably not. With XinYun's bad temperament, had she found out about it, she would have unleashed on him already.

He wiped away the sweat on his forehead. Divorcing from Fang JunRong hurt him a lot. Even when he took out a loan, he didn't have a lot of cash that he could work with. XinYun, being with JunRong, had also gotten worse. All she saw now was money and didn't care about her father at all.

Another call came in. Looking at the name flashing on the screen, Li WangJin picked up the phone quickly. He hung up after five minutes. Even though he was still somewhat depressed, he felt a sense of satisfaction.

The call was from a private investigator that he has hired. After a lot of time and effort, he was finally able to collect evidence that Wang Xiao tried to set him up. Once these evidences were sent in, even if Wang Xiao could weasel out of it, he for sure wouldn't be able to get off scotch free.

Ah, he was finally able to take revenge on Wang Xiao and let him know that he wasn't someone that could be offended with no consequences.

The private investigator was good, but also cost a lot. He cost him another 2 million yuan. And Li WangJin still needed to save up some money to network with others and also to cover his daily expenses.