Hero? No way! (1)

Hero.

A word that invigorates a sudden passion and hope in people.

What is a hero? Is it someone who saves the world a hero? Or is it someone who doesn't hesitate to help another person a hero?

A thousand people have a thousand definitions for a Hero.

However, generally a common explanation is agreed by most of the people.

A hero is someone who protects.

A person who protects you might be your hero, an other person who protects someone other might be his hero.

However, is such a thing really true? Do Heroes really exist?

Yes, people might believe in heroes but they are only their own heroes. 

What might be good for a person might be bad for another person.

What might be justice for someone, might be evil for someone other.

What might be a Hero for someone...might be the Villain for someone else. 

Believing in a hero is pure foolishness, a false bliss seeked by the ignorant.

Why? Because no person has any obligation to help anyone.

The only person you could trust is yourself. 

Waiting to be saved by another person is after all just a dream, a mere fantasy. 

There are no heroes in this world. Instead of getting hopes shattered, don't hope at all.

This was the conclusion reached by Ayanokouji Kiyotaka when he was just five.

Therefore, right now, looking at the situation in front of him, he was completely stupefied.

"We welcome thee, our hero." 

Looking at the old man wearing robes bowing in front of him, Ayanokouji just had one thought in his head.

'It feels like I am finally free.'

********

It has been one month since the day Ayanokouji was summoned to the land of the Agarcia by the ceremony of Hero Summoning. 

Agracia was one of the seven strongest countries in the world. It had been governed by the ancestor of the current King since thousands of years. The era was surprising backward. Ayanokouji felt that it was similar to the seventeenth-century Europe. 

This was a fantasy world, a world of monsters and magic. In this world, Humans weren't the only race on the top of the food chain. 

Elves, dwarves, dragons, demons, gobins, orcs and dozens of other races were also a part of this world.

Ayanokoujii remembered that the world was quite similar to the 'isekai' Akito used to tell him about.

In this one month, Ayanokouji had already read and memorized thousands of books in the castle library and learnt almost all knowledge he could gain here.

On this day, Ayanokouji went to the King and kneeled on his one knee and bowed to the King.

"Your majesty."

The King just looked at Ayanokouji with a kind gaze and suddenly sighed.

"So you have decided?"

Ayanokouji nodded. "Yes, your majesty. I have already decide to begin my adventure to subdue the demon king."

"Hah." The King once again sighed helplessly. "To tell you the truth, I would have much more wanted to  keep you here. I do not wish to place such a heavy burden on a child."

It had been five years since the world had been shrouded in the mist of the fifteenth Great-War between the humans and the demons. The current King didn't like the summoning of Heroes as he believed that the matters of their world should be left in the hands of the people of their own world but under the pressure of courtiers and his populace, he had to agree to perform the Hero Summoning ceremony and summoned the thirteenth hero of Agracia. 

"Your words are too kind, your grace." Ayanokouji once again bowed. "I am already thankful for your hospitality these days. But out there, many people ae dying and -"

"Alright, alright." The King waved his hand with a smile on his face. "I know your reasons. You just want to escape from this palace, right?"

Ayanokouji stayed silent but suddenly the King started laughing heartily.

"Hahaha. No need to be wary. To tell you the truth, if it weren't for these duties, I too would have wanted to escape from this prison and have adventurous journeys ."

"Anyway, I grant your wish." The King announced solemnly. "Kiyotaka Ayanokouji, the hero of the kingdom of Agracia, I order you to take a journey in order to subdue the Demon King and save this world."

Ayanokouji bowed once again and started leaving the palace along with his baggage when the King suddenly stopped him again.

"Wait. Can you take my daughter with you?"

"...Your Majesty?" Ayanokouji was confused. " I apologize for the rudeness your majesty, but I might not be able to ensure the safety of the princess on the way and-"

"Haha. You just want to say she is weak and you don't want to babysit her, right?" The King chuckled.

"Yes." Ayanokouji nodded when the King confirmed his thoughts.

"Heh. Your thoughts are correct. After all, you aren't going for some sightseeing. Who would want to take some haughty royalty with themselves. But..." The King said with an evil grin. "That would be true for some ordinary princess."

"Hero-sama..." Ayanokouji looked at the girl in front of him. She had long golden hair and glimmering red eyes like the King. She looked petite but Ayanokouji could notice the well trained muscles hidden underneath her clothes.

"I, the sword princess of the kingdom of Agracia, Rufia Von Lisabeth, implore to journey with Hero-sama to defeat the Demon King."

Looking at the grinning King and the princess bowing to him seriously, Ayanokouji complained in his heart.

'So troublesome.'

A/N- Fuck Fuck Fuck. I just read a novel 'I want to eat you pancreas' on my friends recommendation and it was so fucking sad. Fuck I want to kill someone and that someone is the author. Fucking hell.