💫💫𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐-𝕊𝕀𝕏💫💫

Childe's POV:

"Venti! Are you awake?" I shouted, banging on the wooden door.

He didn't come off as a morning person to me, so I went to find him at ten, hoping that by then, he would be up and alert. His residence was hardly difficult to find. I brought up Venti in a casual conversation with a local and it came up, so like all the residents of Mondstadt, the local took the fact that I was trustworthy for granted and informed me of his residence.

No response came from the other end, so I banged once more and heard a creak. "If that bard refuses to come out at ten, I would smash the door into smithereens," I hissed and pounded my fist on the door.

"BOO!"

I yelped and fell on my bottom as joyful giggles found their way into my ear. Venti stood before me, his precious lyre in hand, laughing till he was clutching his stomach. Groaning, I straightened up and patted the dust off my bottom.

"You were out so early?" I asked with a sour expression. "And what was that for?"

"What'd you mean 'out so early'? I haven't been back at all! I visited Liyue after leaving the tavern," he said cheerfully, twirling in delight.

"Liyue?" I raised an eyebrow. "You thought Zhongli would be up at that hour?"

"Nah, not everything revolves around Zhongli. In your universe, maybe, but not in mine. I went to Liyue cause I felt like it. End of discussion!" Venti declared with a cheeky grin. "I chanced upon the director of Wangsheng Funeral Parlor, Hu Tao, though. She was the one who gave me the idea of scaring the wits out of you."

I ignored his last sentence and unclenched my fists. "So you weren't drunk? Or were you so drunk that you couldn't think straight and stumbled your way to Liyue?" I inquired with a smile creeping onto my face.

"Tch, as if such a miniscule amount of alchohol can make me drunk! I'm almost immune to the thing!" he exclaimed, seemingly offended.

Speechless, I recalled, "Didn't you drink at least seven bottles last night?"

"That's five times less than my usual amount!" he informed me. Not leaving me with enough time to be impressed and shocked at the same time, he continued, "Hey, I'm not here to talk about wine! You said a discussion about Y/N was necessary?"

"A discussion about what was necessary?" an unknown voice asked and I whipped my head around. Scowling at the spy, I hissed, "I thought you were in Liyue."

"Well, you thought wrong," Y/N replied with a smirk directed at me. With a sweet smile, she assured Venti, "Oh, don't listen to the stories this fatuous Harbinger tells. He can't tell the difference between slime condensate and lizard tails. Unless you wish to hear about the time he tried frog mucus?"

"He doesn't," I growled, frustrated. Why did that stupid spy have to interrupt our conversation? It was essential that we talk about the situation.

Chuckling, Venti replied, "Or maybe I do."

A quick change of topic took place when Y/N artfully diverted his attention from her relationship with me and began to go on and on about the flora in Liyue. Venti bid me farewell and told me to "keep the old blockhead in check" before leaving with Y/N. I gritted my teeth as they chatted about trivial things and upped and left as though I had nothing important to say.

Well, the spy had her fun spying on the Anemo Archon, hadn't she? Compared to ransacking Venti's home for good weapons and completing my Harbinger duties, I preferred spying on the duo to watch their antics. At least, that was what I was in the mood for at that time, and I couldn't care less if the Tsaritsa noticed that my work was undone.