💫💫𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐-𝕋ℍℝ𝔼𝔼💫💫

Y/N's POV:

By the time I stepped on Liyue's grounds again, the moon was at its highest point, and the crickets were singing their lullabies for the millionth time. Klee had been tucked into bed at eight, and Venti had sung one last tune to me just before the clock struck nine. The dirt road to Liyue was long and wavy, Venti had come with me, but no one spoke because we were listening to the crickets, the owls, the rustles of the nearby bushes and the occasional howl of the night wind. Altogether, it was a beautiful lullaby.

The knight that accompanied us was certainly not what I had expected. My knowledge of the Knights of Favonius was far from limited, but I only knew of outriders like Amber; captains like Kaeya; the Acting Grand Master, Jean; the Grand Master, Varka and much more.

But not the little cute Spark Knight, Klee, who was officially first on my list of favourite knights.

No words could express the immense gratitude I had for Venti, who opened my eyes again on that little trip to his homeland. Who was I kidding when I said that there was nothing more for me to see? My mind was closed and novelty was almost foreign to me, till a few hours ago, when Klee placed a spark in my heart, and we sat together, side by side, mesmerized by the ethereal view from Starsnatch Cliff.

Another day of fun, another day of joy, and another day without any work done.

Despite her claims of me being irreplaceable, I could say with utmost certainty that the Fatui would not welcome me back should I slack off yet again. Unfolding my next to-do list, I scanned the page and let out an exasperated sign. Two in Inazuma and three in Mondstadt. If I had checked earlier, I would not have left Mondstadt in the first place!

Perhaps I deserved the "punishment" for slacking off like the Anemo Archon. It was no secret that Barbatos never governed his people and simply disappeared from their lives forever after the aristocrats were defeated. "Lord Barbatos outwitted the aristocrats at during Ludi Harpastum, " Venti had told me. "He smashed into Vennessa and visited her cell later on, with keys he obtained through... uh, unlawful means."

The whole story rolled off his tongue as though they had been told a million times. He had spoken as though he had lived through those times, but what less had I expected from the most popular bard in Mondstadt?

I turned back on my heel for the land of wind once more, and I didn't realize that Klee had grown on me till I began to miss her cheery laugh. I missed conversing with my newfound friends, and most of all, I missed Venti's aqua green eyes, which resembles a mix of the sky and the grass. His dark blue hair that bordered on black, with short twin braids that fade into aqua at the tips flew freely in the wind, dancing around the top of his dear wooden lyre.

It was all right to wish for their presence, because I knew I would see them again. I had no clue as to why I knew, but I did.

I loved the young Spark Knight, and I loved the Windborne Bard, but not that way.

I swore to the stars, "Never that way."