I understand that well enough. Father used to come down to the cellar occasionally, just to release his frustration, and the pain started to feel good, like I was truly alive again.

"Do you think that's why it's so hard to accept this all now?" I hedge, curling his hand into my lap. "Because it's painless?"

He shuts his eyes, tipping his head against the wall as he huffs a sigh, as if he had been holding his breath for centuries. "I don't think I know how to exist without pain," he admits to me, admits to himself.

I press a kiss to his knuckles, finding the same truth resonating deep in my gut. "Helion will forgive you. Your mother will understand," I murmur in his ear, an assurance. "Give it the week. You don't have to worry about it now. Tomorrow, we'll go and see Tamlin, and then, we'll focus on winning over the nobles again. Take it a day at a time."

He glances up at me, tipping my chin down as I trace the lines of his hand. "I love you," he whispers before his lips meet mine, gently as the sun recedes behind the clouds.

"I love you too," I smirk, the kiss deepening, his hand tightening on my thigh. I lace my fingers through his hair, grinding my hips against his as I pull back a fraction, his hands heating beneath his skin. "None of this is to say that pain doesn't have its place elsewhere, of course."

He smirks, gazing up at me with innocent eyes. "And whatsoever do you mean by that, Sweetheart?"

"I think you know exactly what I mean," I murmur. "I think you know exactly what I want from you."

He raises a brow up at me, taking the challenge. Last night, he gave me vanilla scented bliss on soft, affectionate sheets. I wonder what he'll give me tonight. "I have my theories," he admits, tucking a curl behind my ear. "But I want to hear it from your lips, exactly what you like."

:::

:::

I smile, leaning closer, tilting his head to the side so that I can take his ear between my teeth. "I already knew that I liked when you mark me," I whisper. "With your teeth, your hands... perhaps one day your flame," I tease, licking my lips. "I already knew that I liked your hand around my throat, like when you pin me up against the wall so tight I can't move, like when you pin my hands down," I append, delighting in the slight catch in his breath as I stroke his cheek.

"But you wanna know what I learned last night?" I ask, blinking innocently down at him.

He nods as a damn near sinister grin spreads across my face. I lean closer, anchoring my fingers in his hair. "I learned that I really like it when you fuck me," I whisper onto his lips.

A breath shudders out of his part lips as he meets my gaze, his skin warm beneath mine. "Do you?" He murmurs, and I nod.

"I want you to show me things," I whisper quietly, glancing at his lips. "I want you to show me things I didn't even know existed, make me feel pleasure and pain I didn't even know I could feel. Think you can do that for me?"

He glances up from my lips, nodding obediently. "I think I might like nothing more," he whispers, his grip tightening on my thighs.

I'm still wearing his shirt, starting to find the silky smooth fabric to chaff over my aching breasts. He glances down, seeming to read my thoughts as his hands so slowly climb up my waist, pulling the shirt over my head.

I'm wearing nothing underneath, not even panties to cover me where I straddle him, so arched with need. He raises a brow up at me, sliding his hand between his hips and mine. "Already wet?"

It's a taunt, and in retaliation, I grind right back against his hips. "Already hard?" I retort.

He scowls, kissing me deeply, hungrily. I feel him lift to stand under me, still keeping my legs wrapped around his waist. I have no clue where he's carrying me, but he could drag us off a cliff for all I care.

My back bangs against the bookshelf, making me cry out a bit, holding him closer. "Nerd," I pant in between kisses, knowing the more I can piss him off, the better. "Been fantasizing about fucking me against the stacks?"

He pushes me even firmer against the wall, tilting his head up at me. "I won't lie and say I haven't," he replies honestly. "I'm only male, Nephele."

I snicker before he bites at my breasts, effectively silencing me. I can't speak past then, my brows knitting together to watch his head dig into my chest, his teeth curling around my nipple. My fingers lace through his princely hair as my head tips against the bookshelf, demanding more as I keep him stationed at my breasts.

I reach down, feeling for the buckle of his belt before I unbutton his pants. His mouth falters a bit on my breasts, clearly effected my how I caress his growing erection in my palm. Even with my tit still in his mouth, his gaze raises to mine, his eyes nearly innocent if not for his mouth, so capable on my skin.

"I want you," I murmur helplessly, an invitation. "Right here. Right now."

A devious grin spreads across his lip as he meets me for a kiss, as he reaches down to position himself at my entrance. A thrust, and he's in, me biting onto his lip to control the moan coming from my throat. He groans into my mouth, pulling out again.

I meet him, thrust for thrust as he starts to pound into me. My back bangs against the bookshelf in something so thrilling as he grips my ass, physically pulling me against his every stroke. My legs wrap tighter around him, my nails digging into his spine.

He watches my face as he fucks me, something of a smug grin pulling across his lips as my mouth parts, my eyes squeezing shut. "Eris," I murmur, dragging closer to my brink. "Fuck."

Though my eyes are shut, I swear I can see that smart ass grin. "Is that a command? Because I'd to think I'm doing a pretty good job of that already," he taunts breathlessly.

My hands tighten around the back of his neck in irritation. In arousal. "Shut up " I murmur weakly.

"Make me," he replies, and I don't waste time pressing my lips to his.

He fucks me harder, faster, his lips tumbling down my throat as my control tumbles from me. If the shelf is bruising my back, I don't care, that throb inside of me needing to be met. Lightning crashes outside as I pull closer, Eris' skin heating against mine.

His teeth sink into my neck, and I crumble entirely, him flying off the edge not long after me. Panting, I open my eyes as he sets me down, buttoning himself back up into his pants. I blink over at him, gold light settling onto his auburn hair, looking like a halo in my daze. "Wow," I murmur absently.

He smiles over at me, pushing my curls out of my face gently. "You like that?"

I can't tell if it's a taunt or a genuine question. Either way, I'm nodding, my heart fluttering in my chest. "I feel..."

"Sore," he supplies, a slight wince as I nod.

"A little," I answer, a strange throb of pain between my thighs. I suppose he really had gone easy on me last night, gentle strokes and a soft, affectionate finish.

Today....

Today, he didn't hold back near as much, though I could tell he still restrained himself the slightest bit. I suppose I'm just surprised by the soreness I feel. I had come harder than I ever had in my life last night, but somehow, today topped it, my body physically aching by the release.

"But it feels..." I struggle to articulate, blissfully unable to find words. "Good. Really good."

He chuckles, swinging me into his arms like I weight nothing as he kisses my cheek. "Come on, Sweetheart," he smirks as I curl into his chest. "Let's run you a warm bath."

I smile, wondering how I got so lucky. Less than six months ago, I was rotting away in a cellar. Now, I have a husband who takes care of me and supports me in every way imaginable, my best friend, the love of my life. "Mother above, I love you," I swear under my breath.

He chuckles, probably not having the faintest clue how deep that love runs in my gut.