Together

June 16, 2018

Sara rolled on the bed, stretching her arm looking for Ava just to find a colder space where she usually slept on. The Captain groaned when she realized her girlfriend was not in bed anymore, in her opinion the taller woman had the stupid habit of waking up early on weekends.

She slowly got up the courage to sit up in bed, she rubs her eyes and moves the hair out of her face. She turns around looking for Ava, the Director was sitting on the couch looking at her laptop, she was still in her PJs with her messy bun.

"Why aren't you in bed?" Sara groans, flopping back to her pillow.

Ava chuckles "Because it is ten, and I am buying the plane tickets for our trip" She explains.

Sara huffs, yes she was excited about their vacation but she missed Ava in bed. Since it was Dani's first summer break and Ava had a couple of days off they decided to go on a trip to the beach, along with Jake, Quentin, and Laurel.

They had already reserved the hotel and activities, they were only missing their plane tickets which apparently Ava was buying right now. The decision was made since both Ava and Dani wanted to go to the beach for the first time and they knew Brooke enjoyed it, Sara wasn't the biggest fan of the sea but there were plenty of other activities.

"Are you done?" Sara asks.

"Not yet, I already bought the plane tickets but I am emailing the hotel to see if they can put a portable crib in the room" Ava explains biting her lip.

"Ok, any idea on how we are making sure Brooke doesn't cry on the plane?"

"The flight is around the same time she takes her nap so we should be good to go, she also calms down when you give her a toy"

"Ok, you have all figured it out. Now come back to bed"

Ava smiles, closing her laptop and heading back to bed. As she lays down, Sara wraps her arm around her waist and pulls her closer, Ava smiles pulling Sara on top of her. Sara lays her head on Ava's chest while Ava wraps her arms around her waist.

"We are not getting up from bed until Brooke wakes up" Sara declares.

"What about Dani?"

"Dani comes to our bed whenever she wakes up, we'll just cuddle with her" Sara explains, Ava grins kissing Sara's head "I am going to sleep, wake me up if anything happens"

"Ok, sleep tight babe"

Ava feels Sara's breathing slowing down against her chest until it settles down, giving away she was sleep. Ava looks at the younger woman sleeping on her chest, her freckles popping out along with her blonde hair falling around her head.

"I am falling so hard for you" Ava whispers.

The two blondes had been dating for two months now, going out on countless dates with and without the girls. Everyday Sara fell more for Ava, the woman always made sure she was okay, comforting her when she had nightmares, helping her through her body changes since Brooke was barely breastfeeding now. The relationship sure had developed deeply, both searching for mutual comfort when something happened, they had become eachother's safe place.

Ava had almost slipped a few I loves you in the week, Sara had obviously noticed but decided to stay quiet, she had a better plan, she was going to tell Ava she loved her on their alone time on the trip, it seemed romantic.

As the weekend goes on the family sorts out different things for their vacation, they buy clothes and every essential they need for the trip, including unnecessary things Sara and Dani added to the cart as Ava was looking away.