New Relationships

April 5, 2018

Ava and Sara had grown used to their new schedule. Sara would stay with Brooke in the house, while Ava and Dani went to work and school respectively. Ava would take and bring Dani from school, they would spend the afternoon walking around the city and familiarizing themselves with their new environment.

The Director and Sara would share the bed, and take turns to take care of Brooke in the rare case she woke up at night. Over the last month, the two of them had bonded, having deep talks or movie nights after the girls went to sleep. Ava couldn't help but sometimes softly stare at Sara when she was playing with Brooke and Dani.

Even if the young baby didn't get what was going on, she liked having both of her moms at her disposal. The tiny human spent the morning with Sara following the usual routine they had before Ava came back, and in the afternoon Ava would work in the living room with Brooke on her lap. She also had important tea parties to attend with Dani.

The five-year-old enjoyed having the Captain around, Sara would show Dani modern shows, games, and toys. Often teaching her how to use the playground in the park, Ava laughed when she saw the grown-ass woman on a merry-go-round with the kid.

The taller woman was relieved with the help she got from Sara. Splitting the mom duties between both of them, made things so much easier, she also appreciated having another adult in the house to talk with. She loved her daughters but Brooke couldn't even talk, and Dani's greatest discovery was that mini pizzas existed.

The legends, Quentin and Laurel hadn't met Ava or Dani yet. Sara wanted to get all sorted out with Ava and the situation before introducing them. Dani was just understanding what was going on, she didn't want to get the little one confused.

Ava did the same, she told Sara that she had a brother; Jake Sharpe. Jake came back with Ava to the 23rd century, he loved her sister and nieces but he understood Ava needed time to figure out everything.

It was currently Saturday in the newly found household, Ava was in the nursery with Brooke reading her a book. Sara was deep asleep after feeding Brooke early in the morning. And Dani was playing in her room with the brand new doctor kit Sara got her.

Ava is sitting on the rug holding Brooke, the little one was resting her body on Ava's chest. The Director sets the book aside, looking down softly at her daughter. Brooke grabs Ava's shirt.

"What are you doing?" Ava asks sweetly, she smiles.

Brooke copies her Mama's gesture, showing off her dimples "Baaaaa"

"You are mocking me?" Ava raises her eyebrow, Brook giggles "And now you are laughing at me"

Ava leans down and starts kissing all over Brooke's face and tummy causing the baby to uncontrollably giggle and squirm in her arms "Ok, I think that is enough kisses"

And Ava swears Brooke sighed.

"You are so dramatic, lets go get your sister and Mom for breakfast"

Ava walks to her room to check if Sara was awake. She meets with the sight of Sara laying on the bed, Dani next to her checking Sara with her doctor kit.

"Good Morning," Ava says loudly, walking towards the bed.

"Morning" Sara mumbles with a fake thermostat in her mouth.

"Morning Mama" Dani replies cheerfully as she puts the plastic stethoscope over Sara's chest.

Ava sits on the bed with Brooke in her arms, who crawled towards her sister as soon as Ava set her down in the bed.